Find your future role
Field Construction Manager
|Contract 3 years
The Construction Project Manager will support the Project Management team with field related services related to execution of broadband projects associated with Broadband for All (BBFA).
Key skills required for this role
Project Manager , Broadband , Construction
Project Manager , Client Relations
Each Field Construction Supervisor will be assigned the responsibility to support field activities primarily in a specific area of Ontario and will coordinate with multiple Project Managers overseeing work in that region. The Field Construction Supervisor will support the coordination and execution of field visits with Quality Service Providers (QSPs) to answer questions in support of estimate development and submittal. In addition, the Field Construction Supervisor will support field visit requests for design or construction related purposes and may be involved in post construction verification of work completion. Major responsibilities for the Field Construction Supervisor will include:
- Understand the contractor 'scope of work' to knowledgeably host field visits and answer questions from the QSP or their subcontractor.
- Coordinate and host field visits to walk the job scope with the QSP to support estimate/bid preparation.
- Document and provide feedback to the Project Manager regarding the details of the site visit, concerns raised, action items, and any other pertinent discussion topics.
- Support requests from Project Manager or QSP to visit job sites to engage in meetings and to provide status updates.
- Perform post construction site verifications of work locations for housekeeping and to verify work completion.
- Work with Project Managers to monitor project schedules and support validation of change order requests.
- Manage customer relationships during site visits to ensure proper communication.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client's satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Adhere to company's safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum. Applicable experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum of six (6) years of construction management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel. Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Multiple years of experience on construction project sites in the industries of energy, or, transmission & distribution is preferred.
- An understanding of Ontario construction standards for utility work is preferred.
- An understanding of Hydro One standards related to make ready work is preferred.
- Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.