Find your future role
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to play a key part in the team at Eaton Ltd Bedhampton.
Key skills required for this role
Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer
This is a full time position, with an attractive salary package with on - site requirement. Emergency call out and attendance to site will occasionally be required. Possibly on a call out rota basis.
As a Maintenance Technician your main duty is to deliver an excellent (efficient & effective) service for site facilities maintenance activities. Providing maintenance support to Facility, Operations and Test, training and development in world class facilities and maintenance techniques. Achieve Company objectives for quality, cost, output, regulatory compliance, operational performance, and customer service in the areas of: Building, Facilities, Utilities, from both an operational and a capital investment perspective. You will be the Site Maintenance Technician responsible for the overall performance of these functions across whole site. This will include Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulic equipment repair, overhaul and planned maintenance to ensure smooth running of facility. Company objectives for Safety, quality, cost, output, regulatory compliance, operational performance, and customer service to be achieved in the areas of:
- Building, Facilities and Utilities Provision
- Comply with Eaton's Environmental Safety and Health policies
- Central Plant Maintenance and improvement including major Facilities Capital Projects
- Plant Equipment Maintenance methodologies and practices
- Hydraulic Systems maintenance / Installation
- Electrical work, Installation of and maintenance - Trained to 18th Edition standard.
- Manage and perform services including Legislative PPM's: Monthly, weekly and annually
- Integration of facilities services incumbent supplier(s) within Eaton operating systems, in environmental and health & safety procedure
- Developing a Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) for each site, producing risk analysis used to develop and deploy Building & Facilities Maintenance initiatives, methodologies, and associated improvement projects to maximise the efficiency of assets in-line with business objectives.
- Engaging with internal and external customers and regulators, as the face of Facilities, to ensure customer needs are aligned with operational execution, intervening as appropriate to resolve facilities and EHS concerns
- Development and timely deployment of accurate Departmental, Forecasts, Results, capital and operating expenditures.
- Execution of facilities maintenance, resolution of breakdown situations and support company improvement initiatives; so as to ensure site and strategic equipment operate at optimum performance levels and high availabilities.
- Organisational capability development, recruitment, selection, and active management of team. To include performance management reviews, team briefings and cascade of company communications and initiatives.
- Manage vendors/ contractors to ensure that Eaton always obtains best value and service. Recommend terms and agreements on service contracts, appropriately documented, to ensure the contracts are secured.
- Manage any external service contracts to ensure site facilities operate safely and cost effectively. Support contract management activities and implementations with central supply chain function for the following (typical) areas: Security, CDM (Construction Design Management Regulations), Cleaning, Pest Control, Fire and Intruder Alarms, Access Control, Landscaping, Waste/Refuse Collection/Recycling and all major Utilities.
- Review and approve Standard Operating Procedures, Maintenance Procedures, Vendor approvals and KPI's on a regular basis. Present site Facilities results on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, including KPI's.
- Communicate on operational and strategic issues with the wider Eaton community, which will include participation on Global Facilities expert groups (ERG).
- Create, sustain and encourage an environment of controlled continuous improvement using the CI framework. Embrace, deploy and sustain all aspects of the CI framework across Facilities areas of business, including site department efficiency initiatives.
- Actively leading the governance of facilities departmental safety and regulatory compliance to deliver a safe and demonstrably controlled compliant workplace
- Managing communication map, plan, channels and mechanisms, maintaining open dialogue and closed loop feedback to the site councils to increase employee engagement and morale
- Coaching, mentoring and training the facilities teams, and/or incumbent cleaning provider, to increase the capability of the team to respond to issues and improve processes such as TFM and PPM. Lead prioritises and delegate to maximise efficiencies of the site facilities team.
- Have experience of working in a heavily regulated environment including L8, HVAC (AC/BMS/AHU/BOILERS) FET, PAT, Compressed Air, and Hydraulic systems
- Be able to manage and lead complex challenges across a diverse set of Facilities, automated plant equipment and utilities.
- Be competent in the application of process improvement methodologies and tools (I.e. Lean, 5S+)
- Be Team orientated with good networking capabilities
- Refined presentation skills and a strong communicator
- Knowledge of Environmental and EHS controls
- Have previous experience in Auditing and Layer Process Auditing
- Previous working experience in a Manufacturing/Operations environment
- Previous Electrical Mechanical Maintenance experience
This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions.