Find your future role
|Contract 3 years
Broadband Junior Project Manager - Rural Broadband Program Management
Key skills required for this role
Junior Project Manager , Construction Coordinator , Client Liaison
Junior Project Manager , Exceptional Interpersonal Skills
The Junior Project Manager (PM) provides varying levels of support to Intermediate and Senior PMs across the portfolio of Projects within the Broadband Program.
- Each Junior Project Manager will assist Intermediate and Senior PMs to manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to broadband Joint-Use projects, will report directly to a Senior Project Manager and will provide support in the following areas:
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Assist in providing overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Assist in the development of and monitoring of project schedules, scope, and control project costs.
- Assist with internal project financials, staffing, legal coordination, risk management, change management, and human resource issues.
- Assist in the management of all aspects of project communication.
- Assist in developing and implementing project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client's satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Assist in the review, approve, and communicate internal and external reports including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports. Present reports to Project Manager, Program Manager as well as internal and external executive management as required.
- Assist in the development and oversight of materials receiving and management process, including inventory control, receipt of goods, storage, and transportation as required.
- Assist in the review of contract documents with field staff to verify compliance of subcontractors and client contractors, safety and health requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Adhere to company's safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Assist in the regular reporting on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support.
- Other related duties as the needs are identified.
- One (1) to five (5) years of project management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel. Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- A basic understanding of document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A basic understanding of construction project sites or executing program management in the industries of energy, or transmission & distribution is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
- Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.