Find your future role
Senior QS - Birmingham (Perm or Contract)
Senior Quantity Surveyor required on a contract or permanent basis in Birmingham. Hybrid working offered.
Key skills required for this role
Leading engineering contractor who are renowned for their family orientated, supportive and autonomous working culture seek a Senior Quantity Surveyor, who has experience of working on target cost contracts (NEC, IChemE or NR), to join their established and friendly team in Birmingham. This leading brand is happy to consider candidates seeking permanent or contract work.
This is an excellent opportunity where the Senior Quantity Surveyor will lead the delivery of a variety of projects which form part of a long term framework. You will also be responsible for the mentorship and development of an ambitious and diligent Quantity Surveyor.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will report into the Commercial Manager and responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly accounting, costing, contract, management and financial information on a timely basis for inclusion in the monthly accounts package.
- Briefing the Project Manager on the bill of quantities, specification and contractual implications of ongoing and new projects.
- Liaison with the Project Managers, regarding ongoing costs, current position and variations in contracts.
- The monitoring of costs against tender/contract specifications and agreements. Advising the Commercial Manager immediately of any major problem areas.
- Liaison with Clients giving and receiving costing information with regard to ongoing contracts, notifying clients using the appropriate methods of any variations to cost or specification and gaining the relevant authorisation. Raising any variation orders or claims as appropriate.
- Ensuring the Company's contractual obligations with regard to cost control is met, using the appropriate standards and methods.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager in the preparation of tender enquiries, responses and the determination of the Company's charging structures.
- The development of new and follow-up business including the provision of quotes on minor works.
- To ensure that best value is achieved internally and from all sub-contractors and suppliers. To identify and recommend any areas for improvement to the relevant Manager or General Manager.
- Producing clear and concise calculations and measurements.
- To collate appropriate levels and range of departmental performance based reporting and associated information. Preparation and delivery of monthly reports and key performance indicators to their Line Manager.
- In conjunction with their Line Manager and the Finance Manager, set and review annual budgets, future capital expenditure budgets/proposals, ensure compliance with the Company's financial authority's procedure, monitors and reports on costs and ensures that departmental activity is within agreed budgets and authorities.
- The overall managing and undertaking of Line Management activities for staff within their control. To lead, manage and motivate the performance of their staff by setting and reviewing departmental and individual targets and objectives, maintaining discipline, communicating appropriately and developing staff to meet business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring robust and effective paths of information/communication/dissemination within both their department and the organisation as a whole.
To be considered for the role we are looking for proactive individuals who enjoy supporting the development of junior members. You will ideally be degree qualified in a commercial subject and have experience working in the infrastructure markets. You will have experience working on Target Cost contracts.
In return you will be offered a salary of up to £60,000 (dependent on experience) accompanied with a company car or car allowance, pension, private healthcare, 25 days holiday and other attractive benefits.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more info or just simply apply online.