Find your future role
SCADA & Telemetry Engineer
|Salary||£50,000 - £54,500/annum|
Matchtech are looking for an experienced SCADA Engineer to work with a key utilities client at Thornaby in Stockton-on-Tees. The total package is valued to be around £60k including standyby payments. Please click for more details.
Key skills required for this role
SCADA Engineer - ClearSCADA - GeoSCADA - Telemetry - Process Control - Ladder Logic Programming - Water - Utilities - Software - Network and Cyber Security
SCADA and Telemetry Engineer - Stockton-on-Tees - Circa £50-55k
SCADA and Telemetry Engineer
Full Time - Permanent
Salary - Up to £54,500 depending upon experience (monthly car allowance is £384 - around £4,600 per year) + standby payments
Location - Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees (Hybrid)
About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for someone to join their Information Services - Northern SCADA Services team as a SCADA and Telemetry Engineer. Joining their expanding Operational Technology team, this multi-disciplined role that covers all levels of Automation, Control and Communications.
You'll be reporting to the SCADA and Telemetry Team Leader, and they are looking for you to be working with other business areas, providing good quality support and advice; preparing design documentation for internal project work; actively reviewing and rectifying problems raised in the IS job control system, prioritising and escalating issues as required; and performing system administrative tasks.
As this is a business-critical role, supporting essential operational equipment, you will be expected to form part of an out of hours standby rota providing 24/7 support to the business.
- Provide clear communication to the SCADA & Telemetry Team Leader on progress of relevant issues in a timely and concise manner.
- Actively reviewing and rectifying faults and problems raised in the IS job control system.
- Working on the development of the SCADA & Telemetry systems and services to meet the needs of the business as it changes.
- Providing technical advice and guidance on SCADA & telemetry issues to colleagues in other departments.
- Develop, amend, review, and maintain documentation on the corporate communication infrastructure in line with IS requirements and ensure it is made available to other IS colleagues.
- Share ideas to promote common approaches to strategy, technology, process, and delivery with other engineers and team leaders in IS, along with providing resident expertise in SCADA & telemetry systems and technology.
- Undertake project work liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify training courses to continually develop and maintain an understanding of the appropriate equipment and emerging technology.
- Maintenance, configuration, and fault-finding of equipment within the SCADA & telemetry infrastructure.
- Being conversant in all aspects of SCADA master station administration.
- Familiarity with all aspects of SCADA & telemetry systems.
- Process Control.
- IP and serial Communications.
- All current supported versions of Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Scripting (SQL etc).
- Logic Programming (IEC 61131-3).
- Network and Cyber Security.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Being at ease and effective in dealing with professionals and managers in other disciplines.