Find your future role
Mechanical Systems Design Engineer
Any questions? Email:
Key skills required for this role
PTC Creo, AutoCAD, 2D, 3D, Windchill, Finite Element Analysis,
PTC Creo, AutoCAD, 2D, 3D, Windchill, Finite Element Analysis
Based: Chelmsford, UK
Systems Mechanical Design Engineer
- Work closely with Product Group and other Engineering Personnel to design new and enhance existing products, and manufacturing equipment by applying Mechanical Design knowledge and skills.
- Generate and maintain Product Data Package documentation that accurately and efficiently embodies product design intent utilising 2D CAD and 3D solid modelling tools and other appropriate software.
- Produce designs that meet customer technical, quality, safety, and regulatory requirements and are capable of cost-effective manufacture.
- Provide support for standard products changes in support of the Design Office, ensuring timely completion and good communication.
- Work with outside suppliers to design products/equipment, which meet the design specification and are capable of cost-effective manufacture.
- Highly proficient use of 2D and 3D CAD packages (PTC Creo and AutoCAD).
- Proficient use of a PDM System (Preferably Windchill)
- Highly competent level of mechanical engineering and design knowledge and application (machining, sheet metal fabrication, joining techniques etc.)
- Will be technically and theoretically competent and able to carry out engineering calculations in support of design solutions.
- Highly Competent in technical draughting and understands drawing GD&T to a high level
- Experience in the design of electronics packaging, both compact assemblies and large electrical enclosures
- Knowledge and experience of applying design and drawing standards such as BS8888
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (Structural and thermal)
- Deliver support for developments, working with hardware engineers to deliver of a solution that meet these the mechanical and performance requirements
- Knowledge of material science
- Experience of product and document configuration management
- Ability to effectively manage time and costs - work package management
- Ensure design solutions meet regulatory compliance
- Will aid the identification of suitable suppliers and procurement, as well as able to specify requirements of components, assemblies and COTS items
- Degree/H.N.C. or equivalent qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline