Senior Electrical Engineer
Up to £60,000 per annum basic
Key skills required for this role
Senior Electrical Engineer, Power, Oil and Gas, Engineering, Six Sigma, Power Generation, Energy,
Senior Electrical Engineer, Power, Oil and Gas, Engineering, Six Sigma, Power Generation, Energy
- Key customer engagement and relationship development to obtain insights on consumer and market trends, their impact to the company portfolio and how disruptive innovation could be leveraged to drive growth for the business.
- Leveraging and harnessing insights from customers and the market to inform on potential development opportunities and expansion of product portfolio.
- Collaboration with engineering resources and associated functions to lead the development and execution of key programs to drive growth and expansion of the product portfolio, including upgrades and retrofits.
- Provide support to Sales & Tendering on application engineering, the development of sales materials (training, unique selling points) and the creation of technical bulletins (in conjunction with product management).
- Provide engineering support for Services as and when required in support of existing and future business needs.
- Development of a NPI roadmap in conjunction with Application Engineering Lead and Product Management to support current and future business needs.
- Ensure regulatory and statutory compliance on new product design, relevant technical, safety and environmental standards, codes of practice etc.
- IT Literacy and proficiency in the use of MS Office Packages.
- 8-10 years of deep Engineering experience of rotating machines within a medium to large enterprise in the Power, Oil & Gas or Mining segment
- Deep skills in building and leveraging technology platforms to drive disruptive innovation.
- Well developed EQ (emotional intelligence) and the ability to leverage this.
- Six Sigma methodology
- Understanding of power generation and distributed energy technologies.
- Extensive energy industry network including technology organisations, academic institutions, trade bodies, vendors and supply chain.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of development and cost reduction products
- Successful track record executing complex product development initiatives within a team of a global company within the power, mining or oil & gas industries.