Find your future role
We are looking for a reliable stress engineer to join a growing global team which is highly committed to our customers.
Key skills required for this role
Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
Reporting to the Analysis Manager, the Advanced Stress Engineer is responsible for the substantiation of the structural integrity of design solutions of aerostructures. The position will be responsible for stress activities within the design department supporting new design (NPI), modifications, research and development, concessions and QNs working on metallic and composite components as well as assemblies. The position will also provide Finite Element Analysis stress support to NPI and R&D activities.
The position requires a strong demonstratable level of experience in stress of metallic and composite aerostructures.
Will include but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for delivering stress solutions, individually and through teams, on time on budget with high quality and technical integrity for aerostructures.
- Optimise design solutions for weight and manufacturing cost.
- Responsibility for preparing and checking of stress deliverables.
- Generate and present technical presentations and write technical reports independently.
- Prepare for and participate in design reviews, presenting to customer and internal teams.
- Define and co-ordinate qualification and testing activities as part of structural substantiation.
- Support/lead continuous improvement initiatives and stress processes.
- Must be determined to acquire stress approval signatory status.
- Derive and substantiate concession responses and repair solutions for metallic and composite components which ensure structural integrity of an airframe product.
- Design support to Manufacturing by clearing 'day to day' problems.
- Work in conjunction with other technical disciplines: Chief Engineers Office, Materials and Processing, Manufacturing and Suppliers.
- Build, check, and validate new finite element models as well as modifications to existing.
- Demonstrate independence & sound technical judgment to execute on assignments.
- Identify problems and formulates solutions; take an innovative approach to problem solving; generate alternatives & takes risks.
- Share technical knowledge with others in the group and team, actively promoting team working.
- May lead a team or group to complete projects.
- Communicate effectively progress of tasks and projects, highlighting issues and opportunities at the earliest opportunity and promote best practice.
- Identify, communicate and highlight technical risks within tasks and projects. Derive mitigation strategies and effectively manage.
- Plan tasks independently, taking into consideration wider goals of team and group.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required
What you will get from Hamble Aerostructures
Code of Ethics expresses who Hamble Aerostructures are: A competitive and profitable company that conducts business in an ethical framework of commitment to employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities and institutions.
Hamble Aerostructures actively promotes environmental protection in their designs, considering the environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and through continuous improvement of its products and processes
Benefits of working for Hamble Aerostructures include:
- 26-days holiday as standard (plus the ability to buy/sell holiday)
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Life cover
- Private medical health care (after 2-years of service)
- Discounted Costco membership
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym and restaurant