Find your future role
Civil Engineering Technician - Fareham
We have an excellent opportunity for a Civil Technician to join a well established award winning Consultancy in their Fareham offices.
Key skills required for this role
Civil Engineering Technician - Up to £40k+ - Fareham
Our client are a fast growing and well established Hampshire based Engineering Consultancy with a strong foothold here across both Civil and Structural engineering sector.
As our client's civil engineering offering is growing they have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Technician to support the technical aspects of a diverse range of projects within an expanding civil engineering team. Working on one of the South's most prestigious mixed use development projects you will play an active part in shaping and delivering this ground breaking scheme.
- Work within a Civil Engineering design team responsible for the design of drainage systems, highway layouts, and S278/S38 schemes.
- Be responsible for the collation and ongoing development of a construction details database,
- Undertake quality checks on all drawings produced within the team,
- Support civil engineers through the drafting of technical design drawings,
- Ensuring that project specific BIM standards are adhered to across all drawings and documents produced,
- Maintain large scale site wide drawings such as combined topographical surveys, title plan compilations etc.
- Develop and maintain engineering keys and legends specific to the project stage,
- Collate project specifications in liaison with the civil engineers.
- Ensuring client drawing output specific requirements are met,
- Work within a Civil Engineering design team responsible for the design of drainage systems, highway layouts, S278/S38 schemes, and the management of the corresponding sectional applications such as S104/98/185.
- Work in a design office, with regular exposure to developers, architects and local authorities.
- Co-operate with the Quality Management System (QMS) through undertaking administrative activities.
- Support our regional offices and other departments through knowledge sharing.
Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years' in a Technician role using AutoCAD and Site3D (desirable),
- Knowledge of working on Civil projects from the planning process through to working drawings,
- Broad knowledge including projects combining drainage, external works and highways elements
Working conditions / environment
Based in the South Coast their Fareham office offers first class working conditions in a truly impressive location. They are looking at offering hybrid working, with potentially three days based in the office, and have a real family feel to their business,
- Strong focus on career and personal development, with an opportunity to take a lead on key projects as you experience develops.
- Bonus scheme and active social calendar.
How to Apply or for more Information
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Chris Jones directly on 01489 873422
- Email your CV