Find your future role
Senior Test & Validation Engineer
|Location||East Midlands, England|
An exciting opportunity to work on clean energy systems for the Aerospace and Automotive markets. You will be involved at Requirements stage with the product development team to make sure products are put through Test and Validation plans.
Key skills required for this role
Product Test and Validation
Product Test and Validation
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Engineer to join a high-performing, fast paced and professional test team. As a Senior Test Engineer, you will directly support the development of the fuel cell products, ranging from Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to automotive applications to industrial power systems, by providing test capability for verification, validation and development testing as part of the Product Development team.
The successful candidate will lead a small team of Test Engineers to;
- Plan, execute and deliver validation programmes to meet project objectives safely and to schedule.
- Create test methods, risk assessment and design validation plans for a wide range of product validation activities (including endurance, environmental, robustness and certification testing) to meet customer, legal and business requirements.
- Support & participate in failure root cause analysis and product quality life-cycle investigations.
- Generate, analyse, report and approve results from testing, using statistical tools to define the reliability, confidence and predicted warranty of products.
You will hold a BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and suitable industrial experience. Membership of a relevant professional body, progressing towards chartered status is advantageous.
You will have proven capability and be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Design and implementation of product verification & validation testing, test reporting and data analysis
- Delivering work packages on time and to commercial and technical requirements
- Working within an industrial, high technology test environment with a working knowledge of research practices, experimental methods, quality systems and to safe working practices.
- Support the resolution of engineering problems including support of post-test analysis activity.
- Problem solving and experimental methods (using root cause analysis tools) in a product development environment.
Knowledge of key Validation principles such as reliability growth, accelerated life testing and statistical analysis is also extremely beneficial.
It is key to us that you have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team alongside both technical and non-technical colleagues. As such, excellent communication skills are vital.