Find your future role
Systems Project Engineer
Eaton MSD are actively hiring for Systems Project Engineers to join a growing team based at Eaton Mission Systems Division Wimborne.
Key skills required for this role
Engineering, computer science, mathematical analysis, Requirements management, Degree Qualified in Systems or Aeronautical Engineering
We are looking for ambitious, enthusiastic, and passionate Systems Project Engineers who take pride in their work.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our Mission Systems Division. We are the world's leading provider of hose and drogue Air-to-Air Refuelling (AAR) and Actuation systems working directly with aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing, Airbus and Embraer to develop systems that achieve their operations in challenging environments, safely and successfully.
We are dedicated to developing our staff to achieve their best, by providing continuous employee development - proactively supporting our people. Enhanced learning and development, goal setting to create future possibilities for your career, Mentoring is provided to enable you to grow within the business
As a Systems Project Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Being responsible for planning the engineering tasks and generation of engineering management plans
- Executing all stages of a Systems Engineering product lifecycle:
- Systems Design
- Requirements management
- Qualification against company, customer and regulatory standards
- Verification & Validation (V & V),
- Converting customer and other stakeholder requirements to define, analyse and inform the total project solution.
- To engage with suppliers and customers to ensure the solution meets their expectations.
- Managing engineering change to ensure system integrity all through the life-cycle, and ensuring traceability of all key design decisions.
- Providing support in all areas of the product lifecycle and deliver a totally integrated solution.
- Planning and scheduling engineering design gate reviews, engage with other functions e.g. airworthiness, safety to ensure the project delivery milestones are fully met.
- Managing technical risks and opportunities that may have a direct / indirect effect on the delivery of the project and systems.
- Liaising with the engineering leadership and programme management teams to ensure the project is adequately resourced and support to identify any potential capability shortfalls
- Driving continuous improvement and incorporate effective systems engineering management practices
- You are a strong communicator
- You will have comprehensive appreciation and understanding of product life cycle
- Have acquired experience in requirements management and verification ( Experience in DOORS / CRADLE an advantage )
- You have an appreciation for Systems Engineering Management
- You are a natural problem solver, with a solutions focussed mindset
- You are motived and proactive
- Enthusiastic about your work and willing to learn
- Have excellent and adaptable communication skills
- Educated to a Degree level in Systems or Aeronautical Engineering
What you will get from us
This is a permanent role with a flexible hybrid approach working, competitive salary, annual bonus and additional benefits to include:
- Support working towards your chartership (e.g. IMechE, RAeS or IET)
- An annual membership for a relevant institution will be reimbursed
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension with employee contribution up to 5% and Company contributions up to 8% of salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Funding towards health care plan
- Access to flexible benefits including health care, buying / selling holiday
- Access to salary sacrifice scheme for electric cars for personal use
- 3 x life insurance
Join our Systems Engineering team and see how far your career could progress with a company committed to career progression, training and development opportunities, our customers, innovation, and sustainability.
Eaton MSD is based in Wimborne, close to Bournemouth and Poole, on the south coast. Many of our employees live close to Bournemouth (with sandy beaches, shops and lively nightlife), or within the Isle of Purbeck or New Forest that have picturesque views and plenty of outdoor activities.
On site, we have our open plan offices, assembly line and test facilities, as well as a large café area and free onsite parking.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI). This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions as part of the recruitment process.If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions.