Find your future role
Health & Safety - CDM Advisor
An exciting opportunity to grow in your career as a Health & safety advisor/ manager. Click on the link below and see what this opportunity has to offer.
Key skills required for this role
Health & Safety, Advisor, Manager, Nebosh, Iosh, design, construction
Health and Safety Advisor/ Manager
An excellent opportunity for a Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Consultant to join an international engineering consultancy working on a number of large projects at pre- construction stage. The projects are all over Northern England with Hybrid working as an option.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the team providing construction health and safety services to both internal and external clients. The requirement will be to independently deliver construction H&S advice and to fulfil the role of CDM advisor / Principal Designer on multiple projects to help ensure compliance with the duties of the CDM regulations 2015.
Services include strategic, tactical, and operational aspects of clients businesses. Service delivery also includes the writing of policies and procedures, carrying out site inspections and audits, writing up project progress reports and engaging directly with clients on a project basis, as well as developing and implementing training programmes.
Specific experience within Rail the industry, Buildings (stations) and civil engineering (embankments etc.) is required.
Roles & Responsibility:
- Working independently on large projects, or as part of a team on very large projects, to deliver the Principal Designer duty and CDM advisor role.
- Responsible for medium to large sized projects, or key contributor to very large ones
- Independently undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance.
- Independently attend project, design, and other meetings, escalating issues as required by
- the project plan.
- Ensure output from projects is of a high standard.
- Ability to ensure projects are completed efficiently and within the resource profile which was completed prior to the start of the project.
- Independently develop bids, proposals, and tenders to a high quality
- Plans full projects/activities and resources required e.g., time, people, and skills.
- Leads complex functions or teams.
- Responsible for commercial metrics, quality, and client relations in own work
- Quality assurance checking of others written work.
Skills, Education & Experience:
- Educated to degree level in a construction related field with a preference for a design related degree.
- Extensive Post Qualification experience in a Construction H&S related required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Has developed specialist knowledge and expertise or has a demonstrable technical interest (could be sector specific or technically specific)
- An understanding of the design process and the principles of risk reduction.
- A thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
- Appropriate experience of the design and construction processes.
- NEBOSH Diploma or similar technical or professional qualification
- Registered Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS / CMaPS), with CDM 2015
- Graduate membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- A current record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD software
Please send Cv's