Find your future role
Senior Rail System Safety Engineer / Engineering Safety Manager
We are currently offering three great new opportunities to join a market leading engineering consultancy! They have vacancies in the Rail sector, specifically focusing on Systems Safety and Engineering.
Key skills required for this role
Health Safety Rail Engineer
Rail Safety Experience
One of our key clients are looking for experienced Railway Engineering Safety Professionals to help us deliver Rail Infrastructure and Signalling projects within our Transportation division.
This opportunity with the Assurance Risk and Safety team is advertised for positions based within our clients teams in Derby, Birmingham, Manchester, and London, other locations will also be considered. The team works predominantly in the UK rail domain with some work internationally.
They help their clients understand assurance requirements and guide to ensure that engineering safety is integral to the decision-making process. Working across the wider design and delivery teams, they work on many of the major rail infrastructure delivery programmes including HS2, East West Rail and Central Rail Systems Alliance, as well as numerous smaller projects. They support each other to deliver and develop, including taking an active role in various technical and employee forums. They also take opportunities for socialising together too.
Becoming a Senior Safety Engineer with us will provide opportunities to:
- Head the delivery of Engineering Safety Management on major projects working across all engineering disciplines and lifecycle stages.
- Work with industry leading organisations to define and solve problems, challenge decisions and facilitate their clients' thinking.
- Take a leading role in the development and sharing of knowledge across the team and mentoring and developing other staff.
- Work with clients and the wider business to create winning opportunities within the rail industry.
- Collaborate with both internal and external customers to deliver Engineering Safety Management and Interoperability Assurance.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure that their needs are understood and shape their services in response.
- Support bid writing and pricing to win work.
- Manage programmes and budgets for project delivery.
- Continuously develop your skills and competence to maintain professional qualification.
- Be a role model for others with regards to fostering an inclusive culture and meeting their business's processes, policies and values.
- Work across the business to align process, share knowledge and promote innovation.
- They are looking for systematic thinkers with a proven level of understanding of Engineering Safety methods, process and legislation in the railway industry.
You should have significant evidence of experience within a number of key areas from:
- Application and management of Engineering Safety Management within the rail industry in accordance with the Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation and Assessment Regulations.
- Facilitating hazard identification workshops and undertaking subsequent management activities.
- Application of TSIs/NTSNs.
- Application of Reliability, Availability & Maintainability (RAM) analysis and assurance.
- Experience of authorisation of multidisciplinary rail infrastructure projects.
- Presentations and liaison with approval authorities and/or independent bodies.
- Developing and implementing assurance strategies/plans for projects.
- Authoring Safety Cases and Safety Justification Reports.
- Qualitative and/or Quantitative Risk Assessments.