Find your future role
Our client specialises in converting stnadard vehicles for bespoke occasions and clients. They are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join them on a contract basis for a minimum of 6 months. This role is a Monday - Thursday
Key skills required for this role
Our client specialises in converting stnadard vehicles for bespoke occasions and clients. They are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join them on a contract basis for a minimum of 6 months. This role is a Monday - Thursday Day shift and is inside IR35.
The assembly, modification, and refurbishment of armoured vehicles, their assemblies and installation of sub-systems
The role requires the individual to have broad automotive experience that can be applied to mechanical and electrical systems, body, trim, and particularly bespoke installations fitted to in service military vehicles and survivability systems. The predominant focus is likely to be on systems and installations
- Supply technical knowledge to a range of products.
- Hands on assembly of electro/mechanical assemblies including any of the following:
- Assembly of mechanical and electrical components
- Working with various mechanical equipment
- Working with various chemicals
- Reading schematic drawings
- Engage in generic tasks e.g. driving company vehicles and minor facility activities.
The role requires an individual who:
- Can demonstrate diagnostics and repair experience on automotive / auto electronic / control / bespoke to role systems.
- Has good hand skills with tools
- Has the ability to quickly identify vehicle spares parts from parts catalogues and repair and maintenance information from service manuals.
- Holds a full UK driving licence.
- Is eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum Security Cleared (SC).