Find your future role
Our client is looking for a software developer/engineer to join them and grow long term within the business.
Key skills required for this role
The Company… Our Client is a leading provider of scientific instruments for the analysis of biological molecules. Our products provide essential data to scientists in many research areas such as the development biotherapeutic drugs.
The Role… The software team develops and maintains a comprehensive suite of software for both instrument control and data analysis. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to the design, development, and maintenance of our company's software, directly influencing our cutting-edge scientific instruments. We work with a wide range of technologies, including .NET WPF applications as well as current and legacy C++ projects.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop new instrument control and data analysis software.
- Provide ongoing development and maintenance of existing software.
- Contribute to testing with unit and/or functional tests of the software to ensure consistent high quality.
- Participate in the full software development cycle.
- Ensure all activities are aligned to customer requirements.
Desired Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- Commercial software development experience.
- Experience with C#/.NET. Ideally with use of WPF and understanding of MVVM.
- Knowledge of C++. Any experience of Windows programming /MFC is a plus!
- Experience with object orientated programming and design.
- Understanding of modern software architecture and SOLID design principals.
- Interest or background in science.
- Experience with source control software (e.g. git)
- Working knowledge of Agile development practices.
- Understanding of the importance of testing in software development.
Even if you do not tick every box, but are excited about the role and feel you could contribute to our team and products, we encourage you to apply.
Required Personal Qualities
- Ability to appropriately prioritise tasks in accordance with project and company goals.
- Team player who works openly and honestly with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate effectively at all levels.
- Committed to technical excellence and continuous quality improvement.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver to tight timescales.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability and eagerness to evaluate, learn and apply new techniques and technologies.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Software Developer/Engineer Details
- Salary cap = £46k
- Projected Start date = 1st Aug 2023
- Holiday = 28 days per year (this is a generous holiday allocation)
- Hybrid working policy = Up to 2 days at home and 3 days in office, depending on work being completed and once settled in.
- Annual Pay reviews
- Company pension scheme = (employee 3%, employer 6%)
- Flexible working hours
- 3 x annual salary life insurance
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme.