Find your future role
Orbital TIG welding of rigid and flexible tube assemblies, and components predominately for the Aerospace industry and complying within an AS9100 and NADCAP approved manufacturing facility.
Key skills required for this role
Orbital (TIG) Welding Experience
- Orbital TIG welding and manual tacking of mainly tube ranging from 1/4 inch to 2 inch diameter both thin wall and thick tubing. Materials include but are not limited to Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium.
- Strict following of Data Cards, process specifications, Engineering Drawings, Standard Work Instructions, Preventative Maintenance, 5S standards and audits, and any other systems or procedures to maintain high Aerospace standards of product integrity and lean manufacturing execution.
- Ability to use, maintain, program orbital TIG welding equipment and the use of measurement equipment such as shadowgraph, borescopes, Vernier, micrometre for inspection and fabrication purposes.
- Able to inspect own work including but not limited to fit to fixture after welding, all aspects of successive inspection, and inspection of welds as a qualified visual weld inspector.
- Fabrication and finishing of welded assembles including but not limited to: Prepare components to weld ensuring they conform to a fixture or drawing, Sizing, Facing, Polishing, Linishing, cleaning, post weld polishing, cleaning, and packing.
- Active participation in Safety and Continuous Improvement actives including but not limited to: Guard Check sheets, Risk assessments, Problem solving to reduce scrap & rework, productivity and standard work events, improve workplace organisation and 5S, on the job training of team members.