Find your future role
Aerospace Systems Engineers - Lincoln
Our client have opportunities for multiple systems engieeris of varyiong levels of expeirence to join them at their Lincoln site
Key skills required for this role
Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering, Aerospace
Some experience of systems engineering and a knowledge of aerospace systems.
We currently have Systems Engineering opportunities across multiple sites including Lincoln.
There are opportunities for systems engineers across a wide variety or roles and varying levels.
What do our Systems Engineers do?
Systems Engineering is a key technical discipline within the business. In fact, many of the chief engineers and other technical leads supporting areas of our business are Systems Engineers. Their expertise covers everything from the use of different lifecycle models and development methods (e.g. agile and model-based Systems Engineering), to the use of specific tools and notations. Day to day, they conduct requirements engineering, architecting, design, integration and test, evaluation and acceptance, and through-life support.
Varied career paths are therefore part of life. You could specialise in a key skill or particular domain, or work on Systems Engineering across the business. With increasing demand for Systems Engineers across our international business, overseas opportunities are also a possibility. Secondments and other international working arrangements may be available with our subsidiaries in Australia, the USA, Canada, several European countries and the Middle East.
New to Systems Engineering?
In your first role or have some experience in Systems Engineering? Your talents may be a good match for our team. We recruit Systems Engineers with specific skillsets and areas of application, such as Systems Architects, Combat Systems Engineers and Secured Navigation Systems Engineers.
Opportunities for mid-career Systems Engineers
If you're a mid-career professional working in industry or the armed forces, you'll be applying your expertise right from day one. Whatever your specialism or background, you can expect ongoing development to help you excel and advance. This includes expert training and mentoring, with increased emphasis on self-development and on-the-job training.
Opportunities for highly experienced Systems Engineers
As a senior Systems Engineer, you can expect specialist training (which may include conference attendance and paper presentation, for example), and targeted mentoring to develop specific technical skills. If you have senior management potential, we'll spot and nurture it.
Our Fellowship scheme recognises and develops professionals with high-level, specialist technical expertise.
Overall Purpose of the Job: To provide systems engineering support to aerospace projects and programmes covering a wide range of air platforms including RPAS. The role will involve a range of aerospace technologies and domains from avionic systems through flight performance to design modifications. The role holder will be required to technically lead small projects ensuring application of correct processes, methods and tools.
Key Accountabilities: The jobholder is accountable for:
- Working as a member of a Systems/Project Engineering team.
- Ensuring delivery of integrated technical activities to contracted time, cost and quality.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to the integration of engineering outputs to meet the overall project objectives.
- Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools in accordance with the company Operating Framework to meet customer requirements.
- Assisting with the coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (Technical Delivery Plans) and work breakdown structures to support project cost plans and bids.
- Assisting with the identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Aerospace or related engineering Background
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- A working knowledge of general Systems Engineering principles.
- Technical experience throughout the air vehicle life cycle
- Ability to make sound judgements on technical solutions
- Knowledge of technical governance
- Knowledge of aircraft certification and systems design
- Engineering degree
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer, or evidence of progress towards Professional Registration with a PEI
- Knowledge of the MOD customer and MOD Procurement process
- Knowledge of MAA/CAA regulations
- Knowledge of EASA Part 21