Find your future role
QA Engineer (Remote)
|Location||North Carolina, USA|
QA Engineer (Duke Underground Subdivision)
We are seeking a highly skilled & experienced QA Engineer w/minimum 5 yrs. of Duke Underground Subdivision expertise to join our team.
Key skills required for this role
Underground, Subdivision, Distribution, Electrical Engineering, Power Delivery, Utilities, Engineering Design, Remote, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering,
Underground, Subdivision, Distribution, Electrical Engineering, Power Delivery, Utilities, Engineering Design, Remote, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering
Job Summary: As a QA Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality, reliability, and performance of our products and systems. This position requires strong technical expertise, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform thorough quality assurance testing and inspections of Duke Underground Subdivision projects in North Carolina and Florida.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts to verify system functionality, performance, and reliability.
- Identify, document, and track defects, issues, and non-conformities, and collaborate with the project team to resolve them effectively.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with applicable codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project managers, engineers, and contractors, to ensure seamless integration of quality assurance processes.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to project teams regarding quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Participate in design and project reviews to identify potential quality risks and suggest improvements.
- Prepare accurate and detailed reports summarizing testing activities, results, and recommendations.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory requirements related to underground subdivision projects.
- Minimum travel may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a QA Engineer, preferably with a focus on Duke Underground Subdivision projects.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of underground subdivision construction processes, materials, and testing procedures.
- Familiarity with relevant codes, regulations, and industry standards, such as those set by Duke Energy and local governing bodies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve quality issues effectively.
- Proficiency in test planning, test case development, and execution.
- Experience with defect tracking systems and quality management tools.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented mindset with the ability to maintain accurate documentation and reports.
- Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Location: The candidate must reside in or be in close proximity to North Carolina or Florida to be considered for this position.