Find your future role
Principal Engineer - Site safety case (processes)
Safety case experiance is key to this role,along with a Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline (engineering or physical sciences),Producing & maintaining Relevant Good Practice documents across a range of safety case topics
Key skills required for this role
Safety case,Technical Author, Engineer, Technical report,Technical writer,Civil,Nuclear,Design,Safety Assesment
Must be able to obtain Security clearance, (UK Nationals only)
Job title: Principal Engineer - Site Safety Case (Processes)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (Hybrid working with occasional travel to Barrow-in-Furness when required)
What you'll be doing:
- Producing and maintaining Process Instructions and other associated management arrangements.
- Producing and maintaining Relevant Good Practice documents across a range of safety case topics
- Providing input to line management on the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Safety Management System.
- Supporting line management to ensure that sufficient project analysis is undertaken to plan work efficiently, provide project status and identify risks and mitigation features.
- Interfacing with internal and external safety/regulatory authorities and other third parties.
- Undertaking Stakeholder Review of other processes, etc.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline (engineering or physical sciences)
- Previous experience in safety case production for regulated, high hazard industries
- Chartered engineer (or actively working toward this) desirable.
- Some relevant degree programmes at these universities: Heriot-Watt, Aberdeen, Cranfield, Strathclyde, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Site Safety team:
The site safety case team is currently around 30 strong and is growing and developing as we undertake the Dreadnought and Site Redevelopment Programmes. We are currently producing cases covering Astute and Dreadnought build and commission, and have responsibility for Periodic Review of Safety.