Find your future role
Maritime Systems Engineer Opportunities
Our client are seeking multiple systems engineers of varying levels of experience to join their maritime business unit in Portsmouth.
Key skills required for this role
Systems Engineering, Systems Engineer, Naval, Navy
Some experience of systems engineering with a knowledge of maritime of naval systems
What do our Systems Engineers do?
Systems Engineering is a key technical discipline within the business. In fact, many of the Chief Engineers and other Technical Leads supporting areas of our business are Systems Engineers. Their expertise covers everything from the use of different lifecycle models and development methods (e.g. agile and model-based Systems Engineering), to the use of specific tools and notations. Day to day, they conduct requirements engineering, architecting, design, integration and test, evaluation and acceptance, and through-life support. Varied career paths are therefore part of life. You could specialise in a key skill or particular domain, or work on Systems Engineering across the business.
New to Systems Engineering?
In your first engineering role or have some experience in Systems Engineering? Your talents may be a good match for our team. We recruit Engineers and help them develop into competent System Engineers so they can contribute with specific skillsets and areas of application, such as Combat Systems Engineers and Acoustics Systems Engineers.
Opportunities for mid-career Systems Engineers
If you're a mid-career professional working in industry or the armed forces, you'll be applying your expertise right from day one. Whatever your specialism or background, you can expect ongoing development to help you excel and advance. This includes expert training and mentoring, with increased emphasis on self-development and on-the-job training.
Opportunities for highly experienced Systems Engineers
As a senior Systems Engineer, you can expect to be leading teams to deliver key project deliverables as well as contributing to growing the system engineering community. If you have senior management potential, we'll spot and nurture it.
Our Fellowship scheme recognises and develops professionals with high-level, specialist technical expertise.
- Varied, rewarding and interesting careers on offer.
- We explore multiple domains of application - Air, Space, Land, Maritime, ISTAR, Weapons and Cyber Systems Engineering throughout the life cycle - from concept through development and operation to disposal.
- We have practitioners at all levels up to and including internationally recognised individuals. Our blended approach to learning means you'll have access to formal training, mentoring, assisted self-development and on the job training.
- Excel, and your potential will be spotted. Our continuing professional development covers all career stages and levels of seniority.
- With our Adaptive approach, you can work the way you want - flexibly, on-site, remotely or via hybrid working.