Find your future role
Principal Engineer - Site safety case (Author)
- Authoring of nuclear safety cases including results of deterministic and probabilistic analyses of the submarine build and commission activities, Hybrid Working, Permanent position.
Key skills required for this role
Technical Author, Engineer, Technical report,Technical writer,Civil,Nuclear,Design,Safety Assesment
Must be able to obtain Security clearance (Minimum of 5 years in the UK)
Principal Engineer - Site Safety Case (Author)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, (Hybrid working with occasional travel to Barrow-in-Furness when required)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Deterministic nuclear safety assessment for build and commission of Dreadnought and future class submarines
- Authoring of nuclear safety cases including results of deterministic and probabilistic analyses of the submarine build and commission activities
- ALARP assessments of new and legacy facilities and equipment
- Definition, agreement, and implementation of safety case requirements
- Potential line management and development responsibilities for less senior team-members
- Management of internal and external interfaces, such as Engineering Authorities, Human Factors, regulatory bodies, MOD
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline (engineering or physical sciences)
- Previous experience in safety analysis and safety case production for high hazard industries
- Chartered engineer (or actively working toward this) desirable.
- Previous experience working for a nuclear site and/or on the submarine programme
- Some relevant nuclear and/or safety degree programmes at these universities: Heriot-Watt, Aberdeen, Cranfield, Strathclyde, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Site Safety team:
The site safety case team is currently around 30 strong and is growing and developing as we undertake the Dreadnought and Site Redevelopment Programmes. We are currently producing cases covering Astute and Dreadnought build and commission and have responsibility for Periodic Review of Safety.