Find your future role
Principal Engineer - Site safety case (Fire)
Looking for someone with an understanding of Fire growth and experiance of using fire risk assesment software. This is a permanent position, with Hybrid working. SC will be required and due to the nature of this role it is for UK Nationals only.
Key skills required for this role
CFD,Fire growth, Fire risk,Oil, gas, Offshore,onshore, Computational fluid Dynamics,Safety Case
Must be able to obtain Security clearance, (UK Nationals only)
Job title: Principal Engineer - Site Safety Case (Fire)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, (Hybrid working with occasional travel to Barrow-in-Furness)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Producing Fire Hazard Assessments (including Fire Hazard Identification studies) in support of the Nuclear Site Safety Case
- Providing guidance to junior team members undertaking Fire Hazard Assessments
- Liaising with other stakeholders to inform the production of safety analysis and the implementation of safety case requirements
- Representing the Site Safety Case team in discussions with a range of stakeholders, internal and external safety/regulatory authorities, and other third parties.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline (engineering or physical sciences)
- Previous experience in contributing to safety cases produced for regulated, high hazard industries
- Chartered engineer (or actively working toward this)
- Some relevant degree programmes at these universities: Heriot-Watt, Aberdeen, Cranfield, Strathclyde, Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds