Find your future role
Human Factors Engineer
|Job type||Contract 6 months|
Duration: 6 month contract
Key skills required for this role
Human factors, CIEHF
Human Factors Engineer
You will be joining a team in the delivery of Human Factors Integration where you be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military users.
In your role you will be able to directly influence the development of these technologies, engaging directly with the user from early concept through to delivery ensuring that the human-machine relationship is optimised.
We are looking for an experienced Human Factors Engineer to work within a systems engineering team defining the weapon system architecture. Responsibilities include:
- Analysis and assessment of the role of the operator within the weapon system considering weapon system planning, command and control
- Integration of the human role into the system architecture as part of a model based systems engineering approach
- Defining appropriate human views to meet stakeholder needs
- Definition of HF requirements
- Conduct of Human Factors Integration through the development lifecycle providing progressive assurance to the customer as per Def Stan 00-251
- Conduct of User Experiments and Trials supporting system conception, development and verification taking into account operator workload and situational awareness
What we are looking for in you:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF)
- Application of Human Factors Integration & Human Factors Engineering in a Defence context (Air domain preferable)
- Familiarity in modelling HF elements in SysML as part of a Model Based Systems Engineering approach
- Experience with architectural modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- Understanding of SysML
- Experience of Agile Engineering practices and working in Systems Engineering teams
- Implementing Human Centred Design processes
- Knowledge of defence standards (00-251)
- Conduct of core HF activities including task analysis, requirements development, user trials and Experimentation.
- MS Office, DOORS
- Ability to generate technical reports
- Good planning skills
- Customer focused
- Effective communication skills.