Find your future role
Engineering Hardware Technician
Assist the Engineering Team as they work on leading edge Engineering Design and Development programmes,Experience of working in an Engineering Development environment would be an advantage as would Radar knowledge
Key skills required for this role
Hardware Technician, Engineering, Mechanical, Electromechanical,Assembly,Test,Soldering,Wiring
Must be able to obtain Security clearance (Minimum of 5 years in the UK)
JOB TITLE: Engineering Hardware Technician
REPORTING TO: Hardware, Mechanical & Production Eng Manager
This role is to assist the Engineering Team as they work on leading edge Engineering Design and Development programmes. It involves the manufacture and assembly of high complexity electromechanical engineering prototypes (and other related items) during product development. The successful candidate will need to use their initiative and be able to interpret and embellish Engineering sketches and notes.
- Assembly, test, and rework of electromechanical equipment being developed within Engineering to Jstd 001 and IPC610 & 620.
- Work from drawings, documents, change notes, schematics, oral and written instructions.(Detailed procedures likely to be the exception to the norm)
- Work and rework to a high standard of accuracy, consisting of operations such as, soldering & unsoldering, wiring & crimping, drilling, filing & cutting, detailed rework of printed circuit assemblies, and application of mastic & adhesives, using a variety of tools and equipment necessary to complete the operations.
- Fault finding down to component level. - Use of basic test equipment, e.g., meter, scope.
- Ability to work independently
- Working alongside Engineers to design lab test jigs and factory test fixtures. Debug the designs and propose enhancements.
- Opportunity to design interface boards and get involved in testing new releases of Software.
- Check and inspect own work and work of others, including proactive troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Raise defect reports.
- View, print and enter data via the company business data management system, as necessary.
- Assisting in keeping all engineering test equipment in calibration
- Maintain close liaison with Engineering, Procurement and Production.
- Occasional assistance to Production may be required.
- Travel within the UK may be required and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Have a conscientious, proactive approach with attention to detail.
- Any other tasks to support the engineering team.
- At least 5 years' experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Analytical approach to problem solving with strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Proven experience of assembly, test, and rework to a high standard of quality.
- Proven proactive ability, with strong team skills and attention to detail.
- PC literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience of working in an Engineering Development environment would be an advantage.
- Radar knowledge would be an advantage.
- Standing, walking, and bending throughout the day
- Capable of manual handling/lifting on a regular basis, throughout the day
The above list will be subject to the Company's duty to consider any reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act 2010.