Find your future role
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major Highways & Civils contractor in Essex, and as result we have a live opportunity for an experienced Site Supervisor.
Key skills required for this role
Highway Supervisors - Essex
Our client are a market leader in the Highways and Civils Industry, where they are responsible for looking after over 50,000kms of the UK's highways network. As result, they have several live Highway Supervisor requirements in the Essex region.
* To work safely and promote a safe environment for all operations and personnel under your authority and others who may be affected by the Company's activities such as the general public.
* Front line responsibility for service delivery of routine maintenance works, winter maintenance and emergency response activities including standby duties as required.
* To supervise the operational teams in line with productivity and quality targets, as well as to produce weekly costs and value using bespoke software.
* To monitor the skills and experience of operatives within the teams and work with Area Manager to plan training and development.
* To work closely with the Plant and Fleet Department to manage the vehicle and equipment assets at best efficiency. It is the Supervisors responsibility to reduce vehicle damage incidents and promote a culture of valuing the company's assets.
* To actively foster a positive team spirit
* To actively promote and use the bespoke software available to deliver the service requirements
* Driving license (required)
* SSSTS or SMSTS (required)
* An effective people manager
* Highways maintenance experience (required)