Find your future role
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Full-time (37.5 hours)
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Key skills required for this role
Mechanical Design, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Senior Mechanical Engineer
My client is expanding their Exeter team and are looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team in the non-infra water sector.
About the role
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the design, development, and maintenance of mechanical systems and equipment used in water treatment, distribution, and conservation. Your expertise will contribute to ensuring the efficient and reliable operation of water-related facilities and processes, enhancing water quality and promoting sustainable water management practices.
- Design and engineer mechanical systems and equipment for water treatment, distribution, and conservation projects, adhering to project requirements, industry standards, and applicable regulations.
- Conduct feasibility studies and technical assessments to evaluate the viability and performance of mechanical components and systems in water-related applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, technicians, and project managers, to develop and implement innovative solutions for water treatment, pumping, filtration, and storage systems.
- Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) software to create detailed 2D and 3D models, specifications, and engineering drawings of mechanical components and systems.
- Perform calculations, simulations, and stress analyses to ensure the integrity, efficiency, and safety of mechanical designs, considering factors such as fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and structural considerations.
About the company
My client are one of the UK's most influential and highly respected firms of infrastructure and built environment professionals, with over 90 years experience in the built environment.
They provide a collaborative and supportive working environment, where you'll have the freedom and flexibility to create your own pathway and make a real impact within the business and in the communities in which you will operate.
They'll support your ongoing personal and professional development as your career progresses, allowing you to reach your full potential.
They are committed to providing equal opportunities for all, welcoming applications from all backgrounds and are delighted to be a part of the government's Disability Confident Scheme.
They're happy to talk about flexible working and are committed to promoting the wellbeing of all our employees.
In addition, you'll receive a competitive salary and other excellent benefits!