Find your future role
Project Manager - Highways
A Project Manager is required to deliver highways and transport schemes in Hampshire.
Key skills required for this role
project manager highways transport
Project Manager - highways
To manage and successfully deliver projects within the business. To manage customer relationships, and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team to deliver projects to time, cost, and quality targets and standards;
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained;
- Ensure sustainability targets are achieved;
- Manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to manage expectations;
- Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e. the Business Management System, and the Projects gated governance procedures;
- Manage external consultants (e.g. design) to enable delivery - driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project's objectives;
- Manage or input into any post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels;
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery;
- Report periodically to Senior Management on project progress, risks and issues using robust reporting systems to meet the needs of the business;
- Manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency;
- Utilise BIM, where appropriate, to optimise project delivery, quality and drive safety;
- Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project;
- Effectively execute business strategy - Customer Focussed First, Construction Excellence and Innovation;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities.
- Demonstrable previous experience of project management within the relevant industry;
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects ahead of programme, under budget and with zero defects;
- Experienced at working on multi stakeholder projects in highly political environments;
- Experienced in working with public sector organisations;
- The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency;
- Proven experience of leading teams, and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required;
- Financial and commercial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance;
- An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required.
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification;
- Experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training.