Find your future role
Technical Project Manager
|Location||Saffron Walden, England|
UK based applicants only, Sponsorship is not offered with this role. The role is subject to the applicant being able to gain Security Clearance.
Key skills required for this role
Project Management, RF, Electronics, Software
Eligibility for SC is required for this role
Our client is growing fast to meet market demand and wish to recruit an experienced project manager to join their highly capable project management team.
The project manager will have two main roles:
- Work with the sales team to develop leads into full proposals for work, including costed project plans
- Execute the projects for our clients to specification, time and budget.
The successful applicant will:
- have significant experience of managing highly technical development projects
- understand what makes a project successful
- have the ability to thrive in an open and innovative environment with minimal supervision
- have an engineering design background in electronic hardware or embedded software
- be commercially literate, expert in project budget estimation
- be an excellent people-manager, personal and approachable and able to get the best from a team
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- be self-motivated with a focus on problem solving, attention to detail and delivering results
- have a degree in a numerate, computer science or engineering subject to at least 2.1 level (or equivalent experience)
The following would also be beneficial:
- experience of project management in a consultancy
- proposal/bid preparation experience
- experience of on-selling to customers from within projects
In return, our client offers a competitive package and an environment that will stimulate and challenge you to be your best. They provide a friendly and supportive working environment, including a calendar of regular social events in which to unwind.
Our client provides unique solutions for our customers by solving today's hardest engineering problems in sensing, data collection & communications. Their customers span a wide range of markets including healthcare, defence, 'internet of things', security and automotive.
Due to the project-driven nature of the business, their project managers play a pivotal role across the whole range of development activities undertaken. Project managers are also highly customer-facing, working with the sales team to sell our client's projects, and being the principal client contact during project delivery. You will typically be managing diverse, highly skilled, multidisciplinary project teams. Depending on the size of the projects, you may be managing multiple projects at any one time.