Find your future role
Senior Electronics Engineer - Automotive
Are you an exceptional Electronics Engineer with a passion for cutting-edge automotive technology and a relentless drive to shape the future of electric vehicles (EVs)? If so, please read on and enquire below...
Key skills required for this role
Job Overview: Join us as an Electronics Design and Development Engineer, and embark on a thrilling journey to redefine electric powertrains for both motorsport and automotive series production applications. In this pivotal role, you will be at the forefront of innovation, shaping the future of electronic solutions. Your primary mission is to design and develop electronic circuitry and sub-components across the entire product development lifecycle. Collaborate with a team of experts to create cutting-edge solutions that set new industry standards.
Electronic Design & Development:
- Lead the technical aspects of electronic sub-assembly design.
- Oversee the design and development of electronic sub-assemblies.
- Capture specifications and requirements in adherence to industry design standards.
- Contribute to hardware architecture development.
- Create schematics and PCB designs.
- Aid in the selection of Microcontrollers and FPGAs.
- Perform circuit simulations.
- Participate in design reviews for electronics and software projects.
Documentation and Testing:
- Prepare and release component specifications, Bill of Materials (BOM), and drawings.
- Develop test specifications for electronic components.
- Specify and create development and production test equipment.
- Conduct testing and verification of power electronics devices and assemblies.
- Investigate and resolve electronic assembly-related development, launch, and quality issues.
- Implement engineering change requests and maintain detailed design records.
- Review and prepare electronic design documentation.
Collaboration and Support:
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to ensure technical specifications are met and prototypes are delivered on schedule.
- Contribute to the enhancement of department procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the power electronics team.
- Undertake tasks assigned by your line manager within your capabilities and grade.
- Engage in development activities and contribute to continuous team and company improvement efforts.
Required Education and Industry Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Strong grasp of first principles with experience in tolerance and lifetime calculations.
- Proficiency in schematic capture and PCB design tools.
- Proficiency in analog and digital design.
- Familiarity with standard busses such as SPI, UART, and interfacing with external components like Flash memory and ADCs.
- Knowledge of failure mode avoidance processes (DFMEA and FTA).
- Experience in designing low voltage analog and digital electronics for automotive ECUs.
- Familiarity with automotive communication busses such as CAN and Flexray.
- Familiarity with global EMC standards and best practices for design.
- Experience in developing and executing electronics validation plans.
Desirable Education and Industry Experience:
- Relevant Master's degree.
- Proficiency in Altium Designer, LTSPICE, and PSIM.
- Knowledge of automotive standards.
- Experience in developing work products in support of ISO26262 safety engineering processes.
- Experience with automotive safety-capable microcontrollers.
- Experience within the motorsport industry.
- Experience in implementing FPGAs and configuring them using VHDL or Verilog.
The client are currently not sponsoring Visa's for this position.