Find your future role
Principal Systems Engineer
|Job type||Contract 12 Months|
Location: Luton (20% remotw orking)
Duration: 12 month contract
Rate: £64ph UMB (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
systems engineer, DOORS
Principal Systems Engineer - Azure Devops
A systems engineer is required to support the development of new software functionality, in the form of requirements engineering and testing of new functionality, which can be integrated into the MDG and MAT baselines.
You will conduct systems Engineering activities associated with the delivery of Mission Data Generators (MDGs) and Mission Analysis Tools (MATs) to Integrated Mission Solutions (IMS) and Surveillance and Protection Technologies (S&PT) Customers.
The systems contractor would start by getting involved in the SEER 400 MAT Engineering release (ID; 15031). This would then give them a good grounding to pick up the following Work Items in Azure DevOps:
- SEER 400 - Update Requirements Verification (ID; 14939)
- SEER 400 - Documentation for Delivery of formal release (ID; 14690)
- SEER 400 MDG - Complete testing or formal build (ID; 14691)
- SEER 400 MA - Complete testing for formal build (ID; 14748)
The contractor would then pick up systems engineering work across the following, but not limited to, S&PT Projects including SEER 150, MAPPS, Shadow, Wedgetail, Nightjar, Redshank.
Responsibilities not limited to:
- Selection and Prioritisation from the IMS Products backlog captured in Azure DevOps.
- Attend both internal and external customer meetings to define requirements from the backlog.
- Complete all Azure DevOps work items, which are required for the customer end of sprint demos and reviews.
The duration of the contract covers 18 sprints (each sprint lasts 3 weeks) - you will also:
- Attend and participate in the 3 weekly 'Sprint Planning' meetings
- Attend and participate in the 3 weekly 'Backlog grooming and scoring' meetings
- Attend and participate in the 3 weekly 'Sprint Retrospective' meetings
- Completion of work items assigned from the 3 weekly Sprint Planning meetings. Completion of a work item consists of:
- Updates to the test plans in DOORS
- DOORS module updates
- Updates to software and integration tests
- Re-work of work item review comments provided by other team members
- Demonstration of completed work items merged into the toolset branches at 3 weekly sprint review meetings
- Review of work items completed by other team members
What we are looking for in you:- experience with
- DOORS requirements management tool
- Testing both functional and system integration
- Update of test documentation including the development of 'Software Tests' and 'Acceptance Test Documents'
- Production of Test Reports
- Production of Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRMs)
- Writing, reviewing and updating requirements
- Writing, reviewing and updating tests
Apply today via the link provided!