Find your future role
Our client are a rapidly growing defence tech start up with an exciting opportunity for an experienced systems engineer to join their growing team.
Key skills required for this role
Systems Engineering, SySML, Requirements, V&V, Software Technologies
Systems Engineering particularly around requirements engineering. Solid knowledge of SysML and Software based systems..
We are seeking a Systems Engineer with proven experience in the specification, design, development and deployment of complex systems. An understanding of synthetic training solutions within defence, as well as Naval defence platforms/systems would be a distinct advantage but is not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity in a growing Technology company with strong link to the MOD and a commitment to staff progression and development. As an SME, every employee makes a real difference to the success of the company and the security of its customers.
- Coordinate and drive the design, development and implementation of complex systems in accordance with best practices in Defence acquisition.
- Work closely with the PM and cross-functional teams to ensure that all project/product requirements are met.
- Prepare material for project design reviews and present the material to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide engineering support in the management of subcontrators and the review of provided material/products.
- Develop, maintain and control engineering documentation including: Requirements documentation, system architectures, design documents, test and acceptance plans and bill of materials.
- Provide engineering/technical support to projects and the wider business.
- Conduct feasibility studies and write technical reports.
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of internal Engineering Processes
Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required;
- Previous experience in a Systems Engineering role
- In-depth understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and associated principles
- Experience in the specification, design, development and implementation of complex systems and the management of the specifications through to completion
- Ability to understand and interpret the operational context of customer requirements
- Understanding of, and ability to develop, system architectures using appropriate tools and modelling language in particular SysML.
- Experience in Integration, Test and Verification and 'selling off' the verification information to stakeholders.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, tools and techniques
- Experience in technical report and documentation writing, and the subsequent presentation of these to internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques within a Defence framework.
- Knowledge of software systems (application).