Find your future role
Senior Technology and Data Auditor
Matchtech are looking for a Technology and Data Auditor to work with one of their clients at their Exeter or Bristol office, hybrid working is available and the role is paying up to £65,000 per annum (may be negotiable)
Key skills required for this role
Audit - IT - Security - Data - Assurance - SOX - Risk
Senior Technology / IT and Data Auditor - Bristol / Exeter - Hybrid - Permanent - Up to £65k
Senior Technology and Data Auditor
Exeter or Bristol - hybrid working
Salary up to £65,000 (may be negotiable) + benefits
About the role
As the Senior Technology and Data Auditor you will be part of a highly visible, well respected function providing assurance to management and the board on the effectiveness of the Group's risk management and internal control framework.
You will be responsible for leading on technology, cyber and data assurance as well as delivering ongoing assurance over significant technology programmes and projects.
You will also be responsible for further developing Group Internal Audit's data analytics capabilities. This will expose you to a variety of activities and stakeholders from across the Group as well as the opportunity to report your findings directly to senior leaders.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting in the delivery of the Group Audit Plan with a focus on assuring technology risks over corporate and operational systems. Areas of focus will include cyber, data protection, technology programme assurance and data assurance
- Performing the end to end audit process including planning, fieldwork and reporting in accordance with Group Internal Audit's methodology and the IIA standards, providing stakeholders with high quality assurance
- Working with the Group's IT function to develop a best practice IT General Controls (ITGC) framework in preparation for 'UK SOX' style requirements and to lead on the delivery of the ITGC programme once established
- Leading on the enhancement of Group Internal Audit's data analytics capabilities within the overall Group Internal Audit Methodology
- Maintaining awareness and visibility of emerging external technology risks and issues relevant to the Group and/or the Group Internal Audit function
- Managing assignment budget and delivery within agreed timescales
What we are looking for:
- Technology audit and assurance experience within a UK corporate or professional practice environment
- Experience of providing assurance over corporate IT and Operational Technology and Process Control Systems covering cyber, information security and data risks
- Experience of developing, implementing and auditing ITGC frameworks
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency of Excel and other Microsoft products
- Knowledge of internal audit and risk management methodologies, tools and techniques
What's in it for you:
Our client knows that the support and commitment of their staff is key to their success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career. They're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance + bank holidays
- A discretionary bonus
- Competitive contributory pension
- Share-save scheme
- Various health benefits
- Wellbeing support programmes
- A range of group discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Financial support services
- And plenty more!
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.