Find your future role
Electrical Test Engineer
Are you passionate about cutting-edge technology and the aerospace industry? We have an exciting opening at Eaton to join us to become an integral part of our dynamic team as an Electrical Test Engineer.
Key skills required for this role
Electrical Test Engineer
This is a full time permanent position based in Wimborne Dorset, working a 37hour week Hybrid, with an option of working a 9 day fortnight (every other Friday off!)
As an Electrical Test Engineer you will be a driving force behind the design, development, and deployment of automated electrical test solutions largely for our in house projects. Working in a unique department your expertise will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of aerospace projects.
Bring your creativity, passion and problem-solving skills to our established aerospace engineering team to influence and improve the way we bring products to life. At Eaton's Mission Systems Division in Wimborne, you can be part of:
- A rich heritage and world leader in the in-flight refuelling technology
- A long standing innovative history
- A tier 1 supplier to the world's major airframe manufacturers and air forces
- Providing key equipment to help keep the world safe in uncertain times
- A global company with significant opportunities for career development
This role involves:
- Automated electrical test design and development for both legacy and new product developments, within the field of military aerospace applications. The applications can range from in-house production acceptance tests for customer bound systems, to the development of the customer purchased systems themselves.
- A varied range of activities from hands-on laboratory duties to desk based engineering tasks.
- Providing input and support to a range of projects and product developments. Aligning technical solutions to organizational objectives to ensure the optimum business benefit.
- Team working with a diverse team of engineers to achieve to collective goals.
Your main responsibilities:
- Apply aerospace engineering principles and working knowledge to a range of technical problems that require imaginative and practical solutions.
- Research, develop, design and test electronic components, equipment, controllers, devices and systems.
- Perform electrical test tasks from concept to launch, taking account of safety, value, design for re-use, validation, and configuration management.
- Create and review supporting documentation that defines the processes and procedures that control the governance and operation of electrical test activity.
- You demonstrate a keen eye for detail.
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding of digital and analogue hardware and is able to debug equipment using laboratory instruments.
- A working knowledge of laboratory equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, etc.)
- Proficient user of MS Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- You have experience and an understanding of requirements management, configuration management, and an understanding of health & safety requirements applicable to office and laboratory environments.
- Excellent communication skills, written/ verbal
- Experience of NI TestStand and/or NI LabVIEW for test script development.
- Soldering experience.
- Harness/Loom design and assembly experience.
- Familiar with document management tools such as Enovia, WindChill, SmarTeam, etc.
- Proficient user of MS Visio (hardware development).
- User of HarnWare extension to Visio.
What you will get from us:
This is a permanent role based in Wimborne Dorset, competitive salary, annual bonus and additional benefits to include:
- Support working towards your chartership (e.g. IMechE, RAeS or IET)
- An annual membership for a relevant institution will be reimbursed
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension with employee contribution up to 5% and Company contributions up to 8% of salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Funding towards health care plan
- Access to flexible benefits including health care, buying / selling holiday
- Access to salary sacrifice scheme for electric cars for personal use
- 3 x life insurance
On site, we have our offices, assembly line and test facilities (Air to air refuelling and hose contact rig, weapons release test house, and Hardware-in-Loop capabilities ), As well as a large café area and free onsite parking.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI). This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions as part of the recruitment process.
If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
The Eaton Wimborne site is accredited with the IMechE, RAeS and the IET. We actively encourage membership and provide support to engineers in developing themselves to become chartered.
This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions.