Find your future role
B1 Licensed Engineer
Are you a B1 Licensed Engineer (with a BN2T type rating) and looking for your next challenge? If so, our client are currently looking for someone of your skillset to perform line and base maintenance on their fleet.
Key skills required for this role
B1 Engineer, Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander, Line & Base Maintenance
UK CAA Part Licensed B1 Engineer, Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander, Line & Base Maintenance
The role is involved with Base and Line maintenance of aircraft and equipment as directed, the control of resources and workshops as allocated and, as necessary, the supervision of engineers. An awareness of and compliance with Health & Safety procedures is essential.
- Carry out tasks to a high standard, supervise and certify any work within the terms of the Company authorisations in technical logs or on Company worksheets/work cards
- Carry out scheduled / unscheduled maintenance inspections, defect rectification, modifications, service bulletins on company and customer aircraft as directed
- Ensure compliance with published maintenance documentation and company procedures.
- Complete worksheets/work cards as soon as the task is completed and write any additional defects found on to additional worksheets/work cards and hand the completed worksheets to his supervisor
- Notify the Supervisor of any critical defects immediately and then work with the supervisor to develop solutions.
- Liaise with those departments necessary to complete all tasks allocated
- Ensure and monitor that all tooling used is controlled and calibrated as required in accordance with company procedures.
- Carry out any other task as instructed by their supervisor
- To be particularly responsible for the maintenance of aircraft allocated to their control by the supervisor or CE(T)
- Assuming overall responsibility for all trades engaged in work on an allocated aircraft
- The movement of spares to and from Stores
- The ground movements of aircraft
- Requisitioning engineers in conjunction with supervisor of other disciplines to an aircraft as required, and to co-ordinate them into the activity
- Defining, co-ordinating and being present at all occasions requiring hydraulic system and/or engine ground run functional testing of aircraft systems
- Assuming direct control of aircraft and documentation in order to be assured that all required entries are promptly and correctly recorded
- Assisting the supervisor in monitoring the performance of staff including, attendance, timekeeping, sickness etc
- Promote a "Just Culture" with regard to safety and reporting of occurrences within the business
- Ensure areas of supervision are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Any other tasks / duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
As a B1 Licenced Aircraft Engineer your Skills & Qualification should ideally include:
- Unrestricted B1 UK Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence
- Islander BN2T Type Rating is desired but not essential
- Approved apprenticeship or equivalent
- Ability to be security cleared to a minimum of SC level with potential for DV clearance.
- Computer literate
- Self-starter who looks for lateral solutions
- Good leadership & Motivational Qualities
- Needs to understand and deliver customer service, whilst representing the company interests
- Needs to be able to enjoy working within a small team
- An ability to work safely while meeting expected delivery schedules
- A willingness to work flexible hours, to meet operational requirements and assist in aircraft recoveries/deploy on short notice detachments when required
Please note you must also be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for these openings.