Find your future role
|Job type||Contract 6 Months|
Location: Whiteley (average of 1 day per week on site when required)
Duration: Initial 6 month contract
Rate: £600-£650 p/day UMB (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
network architect, ITIL
Senior Technical Designer - Network Architect
Our client NATS (National Air Traffic Services) are looking for a Senior Technical Designer to join their team on a contract basis. NATS is the UK's leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally.
This individual will lead the creation, review and maintenance of the Service Design process for operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools. Ensuring they meet the strategic requirements of the business. We are looking a Technical Designer in the following domain area:
This role requires an individual with the following characteristics:
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing highly available, resilient and scalable network and firewall infrastructure.
- Understanding and knowledge of issues pertaining to safety and security.
- Experience with Data Centre, Campus LAN, WAN and MPLS networks and with protocols including OSPF, BGP and Multicast
- Experience of managing multiple consumers of network services by appropriately segregating and making use of capabilities such as QoS.
- Experience with control, monitoring and SIEM solutions.
- Experience and understanding of the additional requirements of operating critical national infrastructure.
You will be joining a Technical Team, and have responsibilities that are not limited to:
- Manage / Monitoring the networks
- Designing governance frameworks
- Liaising with Managed Service Providers
- Writing strategies
- Dealing with holistic designs
- Cost saving / Network consolidation
Essential skills and experience:
The post holder must have good interpersonal communication and management skills with the ability to lead, coach, motivate and develop members of the design and service team to maximise their contribution, including delivery to projects and the operational teams in coordination with Department Managers.
- Degree in an Engineering or IT subject and equivalent knowledge acquired through experience in a safety critical environment.
- Qualification and experience must balance technical engineering with business acumen to meet both the technical and business management requirements of this role. Applicants not holding the above qualifications but who have undertaken structured Engineering training (recognised by a professional body) and have extensive engineering experience will be considered.
- Excellent appreciation of ITIL methodologies and standards; ideally accredited to Foundation and Practitioner standards.
- Demonstrate Leadership in technology design focused on the continual improvement of the service designed to fit a market need whilst balancing all stakeholder requirements. An accomplished, credible and respected leader with well-developed communication, influencing and negotiation skills gained in a complex organisation undergoing significant transformation.
- Is comfortable operating under circumstances where there is a high degree of uncertainty, particularly early in the service lifecycle.
- A proven track record of balancing risk with reward/return.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an inherent ability to effectively communicate with and influence internal and external stakeholders up to a senior level.
- High levels of energy, drive and resilience, with the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Drive and determination to champion and improve customer satisfaction.