Find your future role
Our client, a leading supplier of products and services to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for a Manual Machinist to join them on a permanent basis out of their site in Southampton.
Key skills required for this role
Time-Served apprenticeship and/or NVQ Level 3 - Manual Machining
This vacancy will be working their early shift; however, they may consider someone to work on the late shift if preferred which will come with a 20% uplift to salary:
- Early Shift: 06:00-14:15 (Mon-Thu) / 06:00-12:00 (Fri) | 37 hours per week
- Late Shift: 14:15-22:30 (Mon-Thu) / 12:00-18:00 (Fri)
Any worked overtime will be paid at x1.5 (Mon-Sat) or x2 (Sun).
Role Specific Duties
Will include but is not limited to:
- Safely operating manual milling machines.
- Set up and operate manual milling machines by selecting the appropriate tools and fixtures.
- Reading customer drawings, and machining components to drawing tolerances.
- Follow work instructions / Manufacturing plans.
- Inspect finished parts using precision measuring instruments such as Verniers, micrometers, and gauges to verify dimensional accuracy.
- Identify and resolve issues that may arise during machining, such as tool wear, machine malfunctions, or deviations from specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on the machines, including cleaning and lubricating, to ensure optimal machine performance.
- Deburr parts for safe handling.
- Working to schedule lists and work instructions with minimal supervision.
- TPM on the machine and maintaining the high standard of cleanliness around the machine area.
- The applicant must be a good team player, flexible and be able to work to tight schedules.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent), served a recognised apprenticeship in machining or associated trades, or proven experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions.
- Need to be able to communicate effectively with other departments as the need arises.
- Must be a team player, with a can-do attitude.
- Working understanding of the 5 S and lean principles
- Full understanding of engineering drawings.
- Must be able check their own work using standard dimensional checking equipment working towards being an approved operator quality stamp holder.
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture.
- To be able to work with minimal supervision.