Find your future role
|Location||East Sussex, England|
Our client are looking for a Project Manager to plan and deliver a varied portfolio of highways and civil engineering schemes in East Sussex.
Key skills required for this role
project manager highways transport
Project Manager - highways
As a Project Manager you will have overall accountability for successful project delivery of capital works schemes including; initiation, planning, design, delivery, monitoring, commissioning and handover/close out.
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Hold periodic project reviews (PRM) and update the Digital Briefcase in accordance with GBL
- Initiates good scope/information/configuration management principles
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, employees and supply chain
- Lead risk/opportunity reviews, present the Risk Register and recommend/implement changes
- Manage subcontractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contractual arrangements are achieved
- Develop, implement, review and periodically update resource loaded schedules
- Ensure that expenditure is in line with the budget and that resources are utilised efficiently to ensure cost control
- Advocate consistency and reliability of digital data to support successful project delivery - data driven decisions
You will also have the following:
- Able to demonstrate a track record of project delivery
- Good understanding of the standard forms of contracts
- Proficient in commercial/project management communications
- Experience in implementing safe systems of work
- Member of a professional management body i.e. APM
- Proficient on O365
- Formal qualification (BSc/MSc) in management/construction or experience equivalent.