Find your future role
Operational Technology & Telemetry Product Specialist
Matchtech are looking for an OT & Telemetry Product Specialist with experience in Thingworx to work with a client of ours in Worthing, hybrid working / remote with ad-hoc visits will be considered, salary circa £65,000 (negotiable)
Key skills required for this role
Operational Technology - OT - ICS - Control Systems - SCADA - PLC - PTC Thingworx - IIoT - Industrial Internet of Things - Software
Operational Technology & Telemetry Product Specialist (Thingworx) - Worthing (Hybrid) - Circa £65,000
Job Title: Operational Technology & Telemetry Product Specialist
Location: Worthing (Hybrid)
Contract Type: Permanent, full time, Monday-Friday
Salary: Circa £60,000 (dependent on experience)
Reporting to the Operational Technology and Telemetry Portfolio Manager the Operational Technology Product Specialist will be expected to liaise with the Solution Architects, Service delivery and project delivery counterparts, to ensure that new and existing applications are supported & projects are delivered to the highest standards for both the Telemetry and IIoT product sets.
You will be able to identify areas where standards do not exist and produce new guidelines as required. You will carry out daily system checks and ensure all areas of the system are running correctly. This role will need you to support transition, BAU and new project implementations aligned with business objectives including IIoT. Implement new business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary.
Implement new releases of existing business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing 2nd line support (L2-4 as applicable) for business applications under role scope.
- Producing specifications and designs for application and its components to meet defined business needs, retaining compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures.
- Developing, implementing, and reporting the findings of suitable test schedules to measure and improve the quality of application solutions being deployed, to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
Please note that the client is willing to consider varying levels of experience and develop people in certain areas if required.
- Qualifications in Computer Science or relevant working experience to a similar level.
- Numerate with strong logic and analytical skills.
- Organised and able to learn continuously in a dynamic and changing environment.
- A strong communicator with a commitment to deliver customer expectations.
- PTC ThingWorx experience.
- Telemetry and IIoT platform setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience on managing events and alarms in ThingWorx/IIoT platforms.
- Experience with IIoT device setup and configuration.
- Familiarity with data connection protocols and system integration.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- You will have the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and work in a team setting and work independently as required.
- Ability to manage projects and contractors to communicate at all levels.
- Strong analysis and reporting skills with the ability to think strategically.
- Creativity and thinking "outside the box" are a plus.
* Company and performance-related bonus- 5%
* Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
* Life assurance payment equal to x4 your annual salary
* Health benefits through a Cash Plan
* Two paid community volunteering days a year
* 25 days annual holiday
* Occupational health service
* Discounts and savings on several products and experiences
* Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
* Competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options