Find your future role
Mixed Signal Electronic Design Engineer
|Location||West Midlands, England|
|Job type||Contract 6 Months|
An exciting contract Outside IR35 for an experienced Mixed Signal Electronics Design Engineer. Low level Analogue, Digital and High Power Development experience on Energy Storage and EV/Hybrid vehicle platforms.
Key skills required for this role
Mixed Signal, Analogue, Power Electronics, High Power, EV/Hybrid, Automotive
Outside IR35, EV/Hybrid - Analogue, Digital, Power
This role is Outside IR35
Hybrid working (2-3 days on site) in Midlands
Senior Mixed Signal Electronics Engineer
The future is electric, but only if it's better - for businesses, consumers, and the planet. We bring electrification to the next level, to enable and sustain a cleaner planet.
We design power management systems that use less but do more. From electric vehicle drivetrains and ultrafast charging to stationary energy storage and grid efficiencies, we develop a clean energy ecosystem of proprietary technology designed to go faster, perform stronger, travel farther, and last longer.
About the Role:
As a Senior Mixed Signal Electronics Engineer, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with customerrs and our other engineering teams, to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. Responsible for the inception, development, and release of LV & HV electronic system designs across a broad range of company projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design of electronic units and/or systems incorporating: low level analog, digital, high speed and high power MOSFET including SiC and multi-core 32-bit microcontroller circuitry
- Generation of detailed electronic design schematics and supporting PCB design layouts
- Generation of design verification documents to confirm compliance with national and international standards
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in accordance with company processes and procedures
- Support the delivery of unit and system FMEA and other electronics design validation activities
- Support project level engineering change control activities
- Delivery of engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- Lead prototype builds and provide electronic support for system test and integration
- Support the technical development of live projects and R&D products
- Support the creation of electronic technical proposals in support of business development activities
- Support processes and procedures for electronic hardware development
- Support company engineering standards to ensure necessary levels of design quality
- support product development through full design lifecycle to fully validated and production ready maturation levels
- support functional safety compliance for safety critical systems at a hardware level
- Support of electronic validation activities
- Work closely with other engineering teams to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
Required Education & Experience:
- Degree qualified in electronics engineering or similar
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience in for example Automotive, Motorsport or Aerospace product development
- Electronic hardware design from concept to delivery, with a good understanding of electronic design requirements
- V lifecycle and systems engineering
- The design of functional safety compliant hardware and software, as per ISO 26262
- Electric and hybrid vehicle applications
- Energy storage systems e.g. batteries, fuel cells etc.
- High voltage and high power electronic systems
- Support of reliability and safety analysis (e.g. FMEA)
System or Knowledge
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office and applications
- Experience of Business Management Systems including ISO9001
- Experience of working to ISO26262 (optional)
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and flexible team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Good presentation, report writing and communication skills.
Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.