Find your future role
Principal Bridge & Structures Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Engineer to join our clients highway structures engineering team to help deliver design and technical engineering services.
Key skills required for this role
bridge design structures structural engineer principal
Bridge / highway structures design
You will help grow a team and work on projects across the UK. This will advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development.
They are looking for a professionally accredited Incorporated (IEng) or Chartered (CEng) engineer for this role in the structures team. The candidate should have at least 6 years' experience.
The role is based in either their Edinburgh or Manchester Office.
The position itself will include, but not be limited to:
- Development and delivery of concept, preliminary & detailed highway structure designs.
- Preparation and checking of calculations, written reports, and drawings.
- Complex structural and data analysis and checking of junior colleagues' work.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to junior colleagues.
- Project Management and preparation of proposals including budgets and programmes.
- Grow and maintain relationships with existing and new clients.
- Attending client meetings and liaising with clients and other stakeholders.
- Planning safe systems of work for site visits, inspections, and investigations.
- Implementing CDM duties on projects, including those of the Principal Designer.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, and Environmental and Sustainability systems and procedures.
- Line management and supporting the professional development of junior colleagues.
- Actively pursue on the job and formal training opportunities that complement business needs and your personal development plan.
The ideal candidate will have but not limited to:
- Accredited degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered or Incorporated with a relevant Institution
- have experience working in design and technical team environments.
- have an accredited degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- be professionally qualified (IEng or CEng) in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- be technically strong with a background in bridge and civil structure design.
- be proficient in the use of British and European codes of practice.
- have a proven record delivering detailed designs and assessment of highway structures.
- have a good understanding of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB).
- have a good understanding of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW).
- have experience across a range of engineering structures.
- have commercial awareness of NEC forms of contract and change control processes.
- be able to manage project and develop of budgets and programmes.
- contribute to the growth of the structures pipeline and team within the region.
- understand and apply Health & Safety requirements and execute CDM duties.
- be competent in the use of structural analysis software and AutoCAD.