Find your future role
Our Client based in Eastleigh requires a Production Technician for their site in Eastleigh
Key skills required for this role
assembly, assembler, mechanical
Job Title: Production Technician
Job Summary: Performs assembly, disassembly, testing, troubleshooting and repair of electromechanical assemblies in a medium-volume, low-mix production environment. Work with production engineering on continuous workplace improvement and review manufacturing processes with the aim of improving efficiency.
* Performs highly technical tasks involving electronic, assembly, test, and repair processes.
* Performs troubleshooting of electronic assemblies under engineering supervision, using electronic bench equipment such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
* Performs hand soldering assembly of discrete surface mount components.
* Works from blueprints, schematics, sketches, equipment manuals, samples, and general instructions, meeting all quality specifications.
* Manufacture products that meet customer expectations, minimise waste (scrap), achieve quality standards.
* Troubleshoots electronic and control equipment or processes to determine cause and corrective actions.
* Disassembles equipment, removes and replaces defective, broken or failed parts.
* Upholds safety and cleanliness standards at workplace.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to read blueprints and schematics and understand specifications.
* Ability to understand and troubleshoot circuit boards.
* Able to problem-solve and overcome obstacles encountered.
* Well organized and detail-oriented with each task.
* Reliable and completes assigned tasks on time.
* Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
* Understands and adheres to all quality and safety regulations.
Education and experience
* Minimum three years of prior manufacturing experience that includes the design, redesign, assembly and troubleshooting of electronic systems and equipment, preferably in a medium-volume, low-mix production environment.
* Prolonged periods of standing in factory and/or sitting at a desk and working on a computer
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
* Manual dexterity to install and modify equipment.
* Ability to differentiate wire and cable colours as well as various audible tones.
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday 07:30-16:30
£12.50 per hour
12 month contract with possibility to go perm