Find your future role
Devops Engineer (Network Security Specialist)
🖥 DevOps Engineer - Network Security Specialist
🏢 Permanent Opportunity
🏡 Based in Bristol, Stevenage or Bolton
Key skills required for this role
DevOps Engineer, Network Specialist, C++, Powershell, Ansible
DevOps Engineer, Network Specialist, C++, Powershell, Ansible, Network Operations, Network Security
The company are a a multi-national group, being No 1 in Europe for what they do! With a number of awards and recognitions, with great career progression and opportunities across the business!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and as a minimum be living in the UK 5 years. .
Working: Flexible working hours and some remote working potentials where possible.
It's no wonder, they have been among the winners of the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Awards, 2022, and most recently receiving three accreditation gold standard awards with Investors in People!
"Interesting work. Good work-life balance. Employees made to feel valued." Software Engineer, 5 Dec 2022. *Glassdoor review.
"Promotes and believes in a good work/life balance Interesting work on most programmes Encourages internal mobility. Offers good development/training opportunities" Principal Systems Engineer, 19 Dec 2022. *Glassdoor review.
We are looking for an experienced Network DevOps Specialist to support the Network Operations and Security Operations Centre teams, developing new processes, optimising those already in production and supporting ad hoc requirements from other IT teams as required.
For the Network Operations team, you will be responsible for scripting network connectivity to new server host installations within our ACI environments, creating specific on-boarding or configuration templates and API's for our DNA Centre installations.
For the Security Operations Centre (SOC) you will support alert tuning, back-end system refresh, playbook scripting and fault finding, as well as performing security tool software upgrades and configuring Security Information Event Management (SIEM) log ingestion.
- A team player with a can-do attitude who can pro-actively contribute to the continual collaboration between the operations teams.
- Strong coding and scripting background (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Regex, Ansible, Postman…)
- Experience working with APIs, including HTTP headers and responses, JSON Objects.
- Proven experience with proxy server administration and configuration, including Cloud APIs.
- Active Directory and LDAP authentication.
- Experience with VMware or Hyper-V virtual environments.
- Supporting the SOC and Network Security Operations teams, being as efficient as possible in ingesting relevant security logs with respect to visibility around security use cases and optimisation of toolsets.
- A dedicated individual who is passionate about keeping abreast of relevant emerging developments and technologies, with a strong drive for business improvement.
For full information, please get in touch: stephen.highfield- - 01489 882 545
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.