Find your future role
Occupational Health Nurse
|Job type||Contract 12 Months|
This is an opportunity for an Occupational Health Nurse to join the MOH team at the largest oil refinery in the UK. The MOH team provide a high standard of clinical care, management and expert advice to employees from across the business.
Key skills required for this role
Occupational Health Nurse, OH Nurse, Occupational Health Advisor
Demonstrable work experience as an Occupational Health Nurse with current unrestricted registration of the NMC.
The successful Occupational Health Nurse must be a Registered Nurse (Adult) who has unrestricted current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC). Ideally you will also have a post registration qualification in Occupational Health (part 1 register) but as a mimimum must have demonstrable work experience as an Occupational Health Nurse.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Occupational Health Nurse will include but not be limited to:
- Pre-employment, fitness for work and health screening assessments including audiometry, spirometry, HAVS and blood tests.
- Health preparation of employees for overseas travel and expatriate assignment including immunisations and vaccinations.
- Perform breath testing and specimen collection under the alcohol and drug use policy.
- Biological monitoring in line with MOH Clinical Operations programmes.
- Assisting site management with the management and classification of occupational illness / injury.
- Health counselling and advice to employees i.e. to be able to signpost employees to seek appropriate medical advice for both acute and chronic conditions.
- Delivery of targeted health promotion and wellbeing activities.
- Inform, advise and work with the MOH Manager and other colleagues on significant OH issues within areas of responsibility.
This role is Inside IR35. The rates advertised are Umbrella. You can operate via a PAYE basis if you prefer. This role is 100% office based in SO45 1TX.