Find your future role
Embedded Software Engineer
An exciting opportunity to make a difference and deliver highly innovative software solutions for spacecraft missions
Key skills required for this role
Embedded Software Engineer, Embedded C software development of real time systems using VxWorks, RT Linux, FreeRTOS, or Bare-Metal
Embedded C Programming Language Experience, RTOS, Digital Electronics
Embedded Software Engineer - Spacecraft Mission Software Development
An exceptional opportunity awaits for an enthusiastic individual to contribute to groundbreaking software solutions tailored for spacecraft missions. This role encompasses a pivotal role in designing, analysing, and advancing Embedded Software for Satellite Systems.
Our team of engineers engages with missions from their conceptualisation all the way through launch, commissioning, and operational phases. This immersive experience provides a cradle-to-grave perspective, affording you the unique privilege of witnessing your creations in the vast expanse of space within an accelerated time-frame.
- Craft intricate real-time applications to align with diverse customer requisites and interfaces.
- Proficiency in capturing requirements and delivering software within compressed time-frames.
- Establish effective plans to ensure timely software delivery, adhering to project schedule and meeting PA/QA criteria.
- Identifying, mitigating, and communicating development risks to both Projects and Engineering teams.
- Actively participating in internal software peer reviews.
- Undertake any other delegated activities.
- Extensive experience in embedded C software development for real-time systems employing VxWorks, RT Linux, FreeRTOS, or Bare-Metal platforms.
- Exposure to well-regarded industry-standard software development methodologies.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computing, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in Embedded C Programming Language.
- Understanding of digital electronics.
- Familiarity with SPARC, ARM, and RISC-V architectures, with preference given to the latter.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as CAN, Serial, and IP.
- Proficiency with BitBucket/GIT version control.
- Comfortable with an Agile/JIRA development approach.
- Adaptive and flexible in response to shifting priorities.
- Results-driven with a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Adept at decision-making and innovative problem-solving.
- Strong organisational skills complemented by clear and effective communication abilities.
- Capable of multitasking across diverse projects.
- Self-driven and independent in work approach.
- Team-player with strong collaborative skills across all hierarchical levels.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering solutions under pressure and within tight timelines.
- Exhibits core company values: accountability, unity, customer focus, audacity.
Our organisational ethos embraces flexibility. The position is situated at our Head Office, yet we wholeheartedly endorse hybrid work arrangements and a spectrum of flexible scheduling alternatives.