Find your future role
BIM Manager Required
Multiple Locations - London, Birmingham, Manchester, York
Hybrid Working & Competitive Salary
Key skills required for this role
BIM Manager, BIM
I am looking to recruit a Programme BIM Manager to join the Central Rail Systems Alliance (CRSA) team.
You will lead the implementation of BIM within CRSA . You'll help the range of projects sat within the CRSA to make decisions on how best to produce, manage digital information and optimize delivery, enhance quality and ultimately exceed Client requirements. You'll also provide detailed advice to support our teams regarding how technology will help enhance and streamline their delivery process. You will also produce and maintain BIM execution plans, accompanying documents for projects.
We are looking for an individual with a passion to drive and make BIM the center of our integrated delivery approach. To do this you'll need to be able to demonstrate leadership in delivery of BIM and Information Management systems and processes, with proven ability to engage and drive both learning and delivery, and with at least some of that experience in the Rail engineering sector.
You will have a wide range of positive behaviours including being collaborative, open, empathetic, enthusiastic, resilient, tenacious, hardworking and delivery orientated. As a leader among our team, you will be highly visible and approachable to project teams and can collaborate efficiently with them across our offices located in the UK, and India.
- Lead the implementation of BIM within the Alliance.
- Provide BIM leadership, technical support, and direction to projects.
- Championing BIM within the Alliance and promote, articulate, and lead BIM behaviours.
- Provide detailed advice and support to our teams around how changing technologies might help enhance and streamline their individual delivery processes, and then work with them to implement these technologies and capture the resulting benefit.
- Maintain and produce BIM execution plans and accompanying documents for projects.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and Delivery Teams to establish cost-effective, practical approaches to integrating BIM throughout delivery.
- Work with Project Information Managers to ensure projects remain efficient and effective.
- Support Project Information Managers in developing information exchange protocols to ensure data is exchanged effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Support the Project Delivery Manager in the development of appointed supply chain partners by assisting with training and upskilling.
- Support the project mobilisation process for elements such as requesting new projects to be created within the CDE, managing membership to permission groups and design delivery tools.
- Contribute to continuous development of standard libraries.
- Promote the utilisation of 3D content to review, influence and enhance design.
- Contribute to the Design Review process with stakeholders to ensure a robust review of the design has taken place.
- Lead Quality Assurance mandates for graphical deliverables focusing on traceability that could be evidenced if required.
- Lead in developing, managing, and delivering configuration and training of software from the Bentley tech stack.
- Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and leave a legacy of talent in BIM.
- Coordinate and facilitate best practice within the Alliance. Maintain engagement with other projects and teams, academia, institutions, and other industries in the pursuit of project excellence.
- Support the career development, coaching and mentoring of team members.
- We recognize that the route to becoming a BIM Manager is diverse and the requirements below are desirable. Atkins does however wish to invite candidates that can demonstrate and evidence the value that their skills and experience will add to our team.
- Degree or HNC level qualification in Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Member of a professional institution desirable.
- Complimentary or additional qualifications may include BIM Certification.
- Leadership in delivery of BIM and Information Management systems and processes, with proven ability to engage and drive both learning and delivery, and with at least some of that experience in the Rail engineering sector.
- Knowledge of engineering design, delivery, and construction within any primary infrastructure sector, with at least some of that experience in the Rail engineering sector.
- Self-motivated and keen to learn across a range of technical subjects and engineering disciplines.
- Practical experience delivering 4D/5D models desirable.
- Experience with Bentley design authoring tools such as MicroStation. Experience with BIM Authoring tools such as AECOsim / OpenBuildings Designer, OpenRoad, and OpenRail desirable.
- Experience with 3D review tools such as Bentley Design Review desirable.
- Knowledge and experience working within Bentley ProjectWise, with an understanding of workflows, and user permissions. Experience working within the Network Rail data sources BIM4NR, HS2 ONW, NR1 and IP ProjectWise data desirable.
- Knowledge of Network Rail or relevant CAD standards highly desirable.
- Ability to engage with staff at all levels, to provide learning on BIM and drive adoption of BIM process, to ensure sustainable transformation.