Find your future role
Senior Environmental Scientist
Our Water consultancy client is seeking an Environmental or Senior Environmental Scientist to join them out of their offices (Bradford/Exeter) or in a remote working arrangement depending on experience.
Key skills required for this role
Environment, Scientist, Water, Biodiversity, Catchment, Solutions, Assets
Water sector experience is desirable
Our Water consultancy client is seeking an Environmental or Senior Environmental Scientist to join them out of their offices or in a remote working arrangement depending on experience.
Our client's business was built on foundations of diversity - diversity of skills, cultures, personalities, perspectives, and experiences. This diversity unifies their team and enables them to offer holistic and innovative solutions to their clients most pressing needs. Our client is proud to have a family-like environment across their business and lives it values of growth, accountability, integrity, innovation, empathy and fun.
The role provides a unique opportunity within a new and growing Environment Team as our client looks to deliver a range of deliverables outright and in conjunction with Asset Management, Engineering and Commercial colleagues. The role will report to a Senior Natural Assets Scientist.
As this is an emerging team it will suit and require a self-starter environmentalist who is willing to work in multidisciplinary settings and can display a problem-solving and growth mindset. The individual will contribute ideas and their specialist environmental skills, knowledge and experience to improve the functioning of the team and their services, contributing to a wider business plan.
The role will help consolidate and expand our clients' footprint in a diverse range of areas including but not limited to regulatory programme planning and delivery, environmental assessment, asset management, environmental enabling of engineering and delivery schemes, biodiversity and catchment improvements, nature-based solutions and blue-green infrastructure.
It therefore offers the chance for real autonomy, challenge and fulfilment by simultaneously shaping their own career whilst contributing meaningful change at an organisational level.
- Plan, Programme and Project deliverables as required by client or business need. Clients and frameworks include Welsh Water, South West Water, Yorkshire Water Southern Water, Sydney Water, Northumbrian Water, Canals and Rivers Trust, Scottish and Southern Energy Renewables, Ofwat, the EA and more. Workstream areas include WINEP, WRMP, DWMP, Price Review, ISO 55001 alongside more bespoke opportunities such as supporting clients develop and embed approaches to Nature-Based Solutions.
- Working alongside the Senior Natural Assets Scientist and other senior colleagues to consolidate and expand our clients' environmental service offering.
- Site/client office travel when required.
- Liaising with internal colleagues, partners, clients and external stakeholders as part of deliverable and business development requirements (including tenders).
- Supporting in the recruitment and the structural development of the growing environment team.
- Mentoring of and delegation to junior colleagues as/when required.
- An environmental-related undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree in a water-environment, ecology or sustainability specialism (advantageous).
- Working towards or have achieved Chartership (CEnv or C.WEM) with a relevant body (CIWEM, IEMA, CIEEM).
- Environmental sustainability experience within built and natural asset owning organisations such as the water sector (advantageous), renewables and energy, land-use and transport.
- Proficient in Geospatial tools e.g qGIS, ArcGIS etc
- Knowledge and use of the BNG Metric.
- Knowledge and use of wider environmental and social valuation tools and methods e.g ENCA, CIRIA's BeST, ORVal.
- Evidenced experience of working with regulators (EA, NE) and stakeholders
- Evidenced experience of working within regulatory environmental legislation, consents and permit requirements.
- An understanding of the environmental receptor constraints and opportunities associated with engineering-infrastructure project planning and delivery.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Competitive salary + discretionary bonus (our client is open to discussion on salary)
- 24 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to purchase additional leave
- Pension scheme (6% employer, 4% employee)
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Professional Membership fees paid
- Life Assurance Scheme 4x annual salary
- Electric car scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
- Refer a friend scheme
- THE CANDIDATE WILL IDEALLY BE OPEN TO BEING MOBILE AND ABLE TO VISIT SITE/CLIENT OFFICES WHEN REQUIRED