Find your future role
Lead Quality Engineer
Role involves ensuring compliance with standards, regulations, and customer needs, provision of quality support to stakeholders, and actively engaging in targeted continuous improvement and Quality Assurance strategy execution.
Key skills required for this role
Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis,ISO9001/AS9100
This position is responsible for executing the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership.
What you'll do
- Provides Quality customer interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination
- Supports Supply Chain Management organisation relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements
- Executes the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services
- Participates in, and may lead, the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes
- Analyses organisational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
- Develops and analyses statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas
- Contributes in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
- Participates in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
- Provides support, and may lead an improvement team, in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
- Lead and support development to a team of direct reports
- Investigates and eliminates causes of complex or multi-dimensional quality problems and follows up on corrective actions
- Participates in the design, procurement, maintenance, and evaluation of gauges, measurement instruments, devices and test equipment
- Coordinates with multiple Quality Engineers to prepare consolidated plant, customer, and product status information and action plans
- Lead the site EZDP program, reporting and providing an update to the corporate Quality Director by working closely with leaders of the site value streams
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-i.e. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate Supplier Quality Assurance requirements
- Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology
- Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e., ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100,
- Ideally a good understanding of CAA part 21G and part 145 and other NAA).
- Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination. Detailed knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface)
- Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties
- Thorough understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets
- Ability to Supervise and direct other departmental personnel for specified tasks assigned by management
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams