Find your future role
Senior Vulnerability Researcher
We are currently looking for Technical Vulnerability Researchers to join a multi-million pound, state of the art lab outside Birmingham. You will be conducting deep dives into the vulnerabilities of Telecoms equipment before it goes live.
Key skills required for this role
Penetration Testing, Penetration Tester, OSCP, GPEN
Penetration Tester, Vulnerability Researcher, OSCP, GPEN
Title: Vulnerability Research Security Analyst \ Telecoms Penetration Tester
Location: Solihull - Hybrid (2 days in the office)
Salary: £50,000 - £80,000 depending on experience
We are currently looking for Technical Vulnerability Researchers to join a multi-million pound, state of the art lab outside Birmingham. The lab is focused on the continuous role out of 5G technologies and the R&D of 6G before it is rolled out across the UK and globally.
You will conduct in-depth VR activities, explore boundaries of technology and its development, test hypotheses, and conduct deep dives into the vulnerabilities of telecoms equipment. You will also develop bespoke leading-edge security testing tools to support these activities.
You must have:
- Understanding of hardware and software development lifecycles and their impact on security practices.
- Applied knowledge of cryptographic algorithms / standards and knowledge of data structures and distributed systems.
- Understanding of network protocols and how software works from assembly through to interpreted languages, and everything in between.
- Familiarity with vulnerabilities such as memory corruption bugs (stack/heap/integer overflows, format strings), and techniques attackers can use to bypass common security protections (e.g. NX, stack canaries, heap protection, ASLR, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of common white-hat exploitation toolsets and techniques for common flaws in low-level software, as well as web platforms (e.g. SQL injection, XSS, CSRF, SSRF, upload/download abuse, RCE).
- Reverse engineering experience (e.g. IDA Pro, Ghidra).
This lab will give you the ability to test technology that no one else has access to using the most cutting edge tools available. It will give you the ability to hone your skills to the highest level.
Please get in touch if this is something you would like to hear more about.
The nature of the work in this specific area means that nationality, residency and security requirements are more tightly defined than others. To work in this role, you will need to have an SC clearance with no restrictions, or you must have the ability to obtain an SC clearance.