Find your future role
Supplier Quality Engineer
We are seeking an experienced person to own our Supplier Quality capabilities and lead in improving the quality performance of our supply chain.
Key skills required for this role
Supplier Quality, Non-conformance, Six sigma, vendor management, lean principals, investigation
Supplier Quality, scanning systems, X-ray technology, Electro-Mechanical, manufacturing
Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom (On-site)
Full Time - Permanent
Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. They offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology-or multiple X-ray technologies-to address each customer's unique security application requirements. Their commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
We are seeking an experienced, self-starting, motivated person to join us and own our UK Supplier Quality capabilities and lead in improving the quality performance of our supply chain. In this position the qualified applicant will work alongside supply chain management, manufacturing, and engineering to facilitate and collaboratively manage successful supplier partnerships.
- SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT: Strategically lead supplier development to improve supplier process capabilities to deliver quality, on time parts/products right first time every time. Build long?term supplier relationships.
- SUPPLIER QUALIFICATION AND REVIEW: Own and maintain supplier audit system for the critical and key suppliers. Conduct supplier audits to this schedule and own closure of resulting findings.
- SUPPLIER PART/PRODUCT QUALIFICATION: Carry out approval of supplier's part and product manufacturing processes as well as validate any secondary qualification of outsourced processes.
- MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION PART APPROVAL (SPC): Qualify new suppliers and approve their processes and procedures in line with the specific product part or service being procured. Carry out qualification at the supplier of tooling and production parts using qualification principles such as the FAIR process.
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND CORRECTIVE ACTION: Own the initial investigation and FA process in evaluating and documenting observed quality issues as well as identifying possible solutions that can then be reviewed with the relevant design authority. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills are needed to be able to work across organizational functions in supporting this activity.
- MONITOR AND MEASURE, REPORTING CAPA MANAGEMENT: Own the supplier quality goals and metrics as well as any associated corrective action activities.
- NPI/DESIGN REVIEW AND CHANGE: Participation in the NPI process to ensure all Supplier requirements are understood and included in any R&D, concept approval. Work in conjunction with engineering to resolve any reported supplier configuration management, change and technical support requests. Use ECR and TDA processes to track all actions requested in a consistent and controlled approach.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience in a Supplier focused Quality Engineering role within a manufacturing organization that produced large scale engineering products as well as highly engineered products within the Mechanical and Electro/Mechanical commodities.
- Knowledge of and able to implement quality system improvement and corrective action methodologies in problem solving. Such as but not limited to: CAPA, 8D, 5 Why's, Pareto Analysis etc..
- Experience in Electronic Mechanical Manufacturing with an understanding of PCBA manufacturing preferable.
- Experience in Heavy Fabrication Metalwork Manufacturing processes as well as High Precision machining.
- Experienced in Methods and principles of manufacturing measurement of welding, plastics, sheet metal, machined metal and a knowledge of assembled geometric tolerance stack up.
- Proficient at interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawings. Including capability to use Solidworks preferred.
- A knowledge of the MRP Microsoft D365 application and configuration management Agile application is preferable.
- Must be comfortable presenting to and communicating with Sr Leadership both internally and externally.
- Experienced with the relevant Quality Management System ISO-9001, ISO-14001 preferred. Being qualified as an Internal and External to these standards is also desirable. An understanding of TS 16949, or AS9100 is also advantageous.
- Must have a valid Passport and Driving License and be able to travel up to 20% within this supplier centric position. Mostly domestic but international travel is possible, sometimes at short notice.