Find your future role
We have exciting opportunities for Manufacturing Engineer's to join the team at the Loughborough or Shepshed site's to work for an aerospace company specialising in polymer and composite manufacture.
Key skills required for this role
Manufacturing Engineering experience
We are looking for people to work on polymers manufacturing and also composite manufacturing experience in one of these materials is ideal, you will have the opportunity to work on:
- Developing processing techniques and engineering assembly strategies to enable the manufacture of specialised advanced parts for use in a range aerospace applications.
- Improving manufacturing processes in line with a Zero Defects philosophy.
- Interacting with customers in support of NPI and existing product programs.
- Using a data based approach to problem solving within the manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and appreciation of polymer materials processing methods.
- Creation of concise work instructions for end to end polymer or composite component manufacture to support a "Right first Time" philosophy.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement activities to reduce waste.
- Experience of working with an ERP system to create and maintain BoMs and Routings.
- Comprehensive understanding of a range of problem solving techniques such as (but not limited to) 8D and 5 Whys.
- Experience in identifying and specifying tooling requirements for moulding and assembly processes and the ability to accept and approve tooling for production use.
- Experience in the conducting of PFMEA's and implementation of control plans across a range of different product lines.
- Engineering project management mind-set with particular reference to NPI activities as well as being the technical point of contact for external customers.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Academic Qualifications to HND level within a relative engineering subject or an accredited Engineering Apprenticeship in addition to industrial experience.
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills.
- A self-starter, with proven ability for working with minimal supervision and take ownership of driving activities through to completion.
- Good interpersonal skills which allows the ability to work as part of the wider operations team.